CHAPTER 27

-Can we go somewhere where we can talk face to face? - I asked looking at my mother.

-Of course - she nodded and turned moving ahead.

I started following her along the way turning to the boys. Nathaniel sat with his back to me, so I looked above him at Thomas, who was looking at him, then at me. I nodded slightly letting him know that they could check him out at any time and continued after my mother.

She led us down the corridor and brought us into her room. I looked around and whistled quietly.

The room was huge and in the middle had a wide bed with a canopy. Next to the closet stood a dressing table with cosmetics, and one of the walls was completely glass showing the dark sea. The waves crashed splashing water against the glass. I felt my stomach roll upside down.

-Let me cover it - I muttered quickly grabbing the huge curtains and dragged them to cover the entire glass - I guess it's your bedroom - I murmured looking around. I noticed a golden men's watch on the table - Jeremy's watch? - I snorted. So they have an affair

- Focus - she snapped her fingers making me look at her.

-Sorry - I muttered - I have to ask you about Nathaniel and about Luke mom - I started.

-It's me asking the questions here - she said, but I shook my head.

-I'm sorry, but this time I have to put together the pieces of the puzzle before I make hasty conclusions - I said hard, and Evelyn looked at me raising an eyebrow.

-Well, please, someone spent two days with a new family and is already a gangster - she snorted, but sat on the bed straightening her legs and crossing them in the ankles. Hands leaned on the back comfortably - I like it, please. Ask what you want - she murmured, and I took a deeper breath.

- Nathaniel just said you were talking about me - I started - What about?

-I thought it was a serious conversation, not selfish games ...

-Mom please, it's very important - I sighed annoyed.

-We talked about the fact that you have the last year of school left, and then study. I said that I would like you to move to our city to study, closer to the company - she said, and I nodded.

-Why did Nathaniel ask about it? - I frowned and she shrugged.

-I think out of curiosity, I have no idea. Maybe because he liked you, and he's single. Is it a big deal?- raised an eyebrow.

-Yes, if my theory is true - I murmured - What is his relationship with Luke? Are they doing any business together? - Evelyn looked at me curiously.

- I don't think they know each other at all - she replied after a moment's reflection - It's almost impossible. Unless they met on this boat, but that's it - said the certain, and I frowned.

-Interesting - I murmured to myself again - You need to know something about Luke. He's a rat in your company - she looked at me like an elephant in a circus.

-It's impossible - she laughed softly - I can already tell you, child, that you've imagined some ridiculous theory I'm going to debunk. Luke is my trusted assistant, he's been in my company for over ten years. Impossible for him to cheat on me. I pay him too much - she laughed, but I didn't.

-Then Falcony clearly pays him more - I said bitterly.

-How do you know about them? - my mother frowned.

-Thomas explained everything to me. He also said that he witnessed Luke trying to abduct me. Or at least we think so - I said and I saw Evelyn sit down straight and frown.