꧁♥︎Chapter 𝟏 ~ Lake♥︎꧂

Narrators' P.o.v:

Your feet slam against the cold stone pathway as Aurora drags you by my arm down to the river. It's about 6 in the morning and she decided to drag you down to the river for an early morning swim. Not that you're complaining though. You've always had sort of a connection with water you guess? The way it flows around you, the refreshing feeling of fresh water on your fingertips, the way it moves when you practice bending.

You snap out of your thoughts when you feel the ground under you change textures, switching to the cold sand you know from the lake. Aurora lets go of your hand once you get to the beach, tossing her towel on the dock that extends a couple of yards out into the water. She runs full force off the deck, tucking her legs to her torso with one hand and squeezing her nose shut with the other.

"CANNONBALL!" she yells as she jumps off the dock. A small grin spreads across her face as she emerges from the water, hair soaking wet. She shakes like a dog before turning to you and giving you a grin.

You set your towel down on the dock and walk to the edge, sitting down and swinging your legs over the dock plunging them into the cold water. It feels fresh on your skin like a cold breeze on a hot summer's day.

"Y/n get in the water already!" Aurora whines.

You swing your legs back and forth, testing the water before lifting yourself off the dock and sinking into the water. You dunk your head under the water letting it soak into your hair, emerging from the water, you run your hands over your face pushing your hair out of the way.

As you have your eyes shut to avoid getting water in them, you feel the cold water splash onto my back. You turn around slowly your jaw dropped. "What the hell Aurora?!" you yell, "You were already wet anyway!" she yells back defensively, her hands raised above her head, surrendering. You splash her back aggressively but not enough to hurt her and she covers her face but ends up getting water in her eyes anyway as you continue to splash her. « Stop itttt! » she screams, but you don't stop.

You use your water bending to pick up a ball of water, bringing it over to her and letting it go.

"Aahh! Y/n! Why would you do that?!" she yells, wringing out her hair.

"You deserved it." you shrug a small grin spreading across your face. You swim back over to the dock and climb up onto it while Aurora is still in the water.

Youwatch her for a couple of minutes in silence before she turns to you to say something "Do you want to go into the town today? For like a girl's day?" she asks while doggy paddling over to you.

"Yeah sure, any specific reason why?" you ask, tilting your head to the side slightly.

"No not really," she climbs over the edge of the dock and walks to the shore, she picks up her towel and wraps it around herself. "Is it illegal to want to spend time with my sister?" She asks sarcastically, raising one eyebrow.

"I mean no but I don't recall a time you didn't have other reasons to hang out with me," you stand up from the edge of the dock and turn around to face her, crossing your arms.

She rolls her eyes and turns away from you starting up the beach and to the house. You run up to catch up with her and you get to the house shortly. Once you get to the house you open the door to a heavenly aroma coming from the kitchen. You walk into the kitchen and take in a big whiff of, pancakes? You're not sure.