332.Can I Visit Your Shop Sometime?

Start from the beginning

....

Jeongguk held Lalisa's hand which was placed on the table and said in a low voice," You don't need to worry. I will take care of it. I will not let go of this matter lightly." he said in a serious tone as he glanced at Eunbi.

His gaze was cold and contained a sense of warning.

Eunbi shuddered under his gaze and looked downwards avoiding his eye contact.

Mingyu who was sitting opposite from the trio smirked seeing Lalisa smile when Eunbi held her head down.

" Hmm. Interesting." he murmured in a voice which was inaudible to others.

He was impressed by the way Lalisa handled this issue.

Everyone in the room understood the truth but no one spoke directly.

Seeing Eunbi's pale face, it was clear that it was her trick and Umji was her person so it was evident that she has some relation with this spying incident.

But rather than blaming Eunbi directly, Lalisa chose to complain about Umji because this way she is not directly blaming Eunbi but it doesn't mean that during the investigation she can be spared.

She will be under suspicion this way and if she has blamed Eunbi without any evidence then Eunbi could have retort easily.

But now she has nothing to say. Eunbi just clutched her hands and looked downwards. magic

She was too afraid to look at Jeongguk because all she could see was his dark eyes which were shooting daggers at her.

....

After the heated conversation, Lalisa made servants serve the food. After Jeongguk said that he will manage everything, the topic was closed.

They ate their dinner rather peacefully and Lalisa started conversations with Mingyu in between to not make him feel awkward and lonely.

During the whole feast, Eunbi didn't say anything and just kept quiet.

She was already in shock that the incident regarding Umji will be investigated and she was afraid that if that stupid maid opened her mouth than it would harm her reputation.

She was afraid that everyone would come to know the truth behind Lalisa's drowning incident. She didn't say anything during the whole feast and barely touched her food.

Lalisa was pleased that Eunbi didn't say anything and didn't disturb her anymore. She was relaxed and during the feast, she talked to Mingyu about many things.

Whereas Jeongguk was annoyed seeing Lalisa talking with Mingyu happily. The gaze in Mingyu's eyes was disturbing him.

After the feast, the servant served the dessert and some fruits for everyone.

When Lalisa got her plate, she placed a piece of grape in her mouth and said as she looked up at Mingyu, " Brother Wen, what business you do?" she casually asked while eating.

Although she knew some things that she heard from Minnie but to make the conversation go on, she needs to ask him herself.

Mingyu raised his brows and observed her expressions. She never talked to him about his business or something.

But now she was showing interest in his work. Normally, no woman asked him about his work but she is the first one to do so.

" I have a different business from my father. I have a shop which sells women's items like scarfs and some clothes. It also includes some rose powder and other skincare products for them." he said while sipping his tea as he was not fond of dessert.

Jeongguk was also drinking tea and turned to look at Lalisa when she asked this question.

He could sense the excitement in her voice when she asked this question.

His expressions turned gloomy seeing the happiness in her eyes while looking at Mingyu.

" Oh really? Is your shop in Jeong city itself? Or somewhere else?" Lalisa excitedly asked Mingyu.

" Yes. It's in Jeong City. But it is a little far away from the palace. It's in the center area of the city because that area is more crowded than here and it's easier to gather more customers. " Mingyu replied casually.

He was smiling mildly seeing the excitement in Lalisa's eyes.

The palace was situated in the Jeong city but it's away from the main market area which was more crowded due to safety and privacy reasons.

His shop was in the middle of the Jeong Dynasty and there it is easy to get customers.

Lalisa nodded and asked innocently, " Then, can I visit your shop sometime? I wanted to go out because I am so bored staying in the palace and doing nothing."

Jeongguk's hands stopped in the air when he heard her words.

' She wanted to visit his shop? Why?'

Mingyu looked at Lalisa with stunned expressions. It's the first time, she has directly asked him something.

No one has visited his shop before, not even Eunbi. He sometimes brings gifts for everyone but no one has visited his shop before.

He looked at her and nodded. " Yes. You can come. It will be my honor if her highness would visit my shop." he politely replied to her.

Jeongguk looked at Lalisa with stunned expressions and asked, " What will you do there?"

" Hmm? " Lalisa glanced at him and was confused about his question.

" I want to see his shop?" she replied hesitantly. She was not sure why Jeongguk was asking her such questions.

Can't she just go there simply? Does he have to ask so many questions?

" But why?" Jeongguk countered to question her.

" Because I want to?" Lalisa doesn't know what to answer about this question. She wanted to see what kind of items woman prefers here and how she can make changes and see her products there.

But why was Jeongguk looking so stern while talking about visiting his shop?