Chapter 29

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, Tae realized he would be late coming home due to the office workload. With a heavy heart, he called Kook to inform him of the delay. His heart aching at the thought of disappointing his beloved.

Kook: "Hello hubby", smiling.

Tae: "Koo, my love".

"Bun, I... I'm afraid I'll be late tonight. There's just so much work at the office, and I can't leave until it's finished."

There was a brief pause on the other end of the line. Kook's heart sank at the news, his longing for Tae's presence palpable in the air.

Kook: "It's okay, baby," he replied, his voice tinged with sadness

"I understand. Just come to me as soon as you can."

With a heavy heart, Tae cut the call and started working.

Meanwhile, Kook waited anxiously, his heart heavy with worry and longing. He paced restlessly through the rooms, the minutes ticking by like an eternity. Each passing moment only served to deepen Kook's longing for Tae's comforting presence.

Kook: "I miss you hubby", pout.

Hours passed and finally, Tae returned home, tired but relieved to be back. However, as he entered the house, he heard the faint sound of sobbing coming from their bedroom.

Concerned, he rushed and met with a  heart-wrenching sight. His angel sat on the edge of their bed, tears streaming down his cheeks, his eyes filled with longing and sadness.

Tae rushed to Kook's side, his heart clenching at the sight of his beloved in distress.

Tae: "My baby, what's wrong?" he asked, concern evident in his voice as he enveloped Kook in a tight embrace.

Kook buried his face in Tae's embrace, his tears soaking into Tae's shirt.

Kook: "I-I missed you so much, hubby", he choked out between sobs.

"Every moment without you felt like an eternity. I can't bear to be apart from you, even for a moment", clinging to Tae as if afraid he would disappear if he let go.

Tae's heart swelled with love and tenderness as he held Kook close.

Tae: "I'm here now, my love," he whispered, gently brushing away Kook's tears.

"I'm so sorry for making you cry.", pecked kook's forehead.

Kook looked up at Tae with his teary eyes, his expression a mix of sadness and adoration.

Kook: "I love you," he murmured, his voice filled with love.

Tae's gaze softened, his heart brimming with devotion. He softly smiles at him.

Tae: "I love you more baby. I promise, I'll never be late again".

A playful pout danced upon Kook's lips, a glimmer of mischief in his eyes.

Kook: "You better be or else I'll cry even harder.", pout.

Tae chuckled softly, pressing a kiss on Kook's forehead.

Tae: "I promise, my dear".

Both shared a sweet smile and after some time they connected their lips for a hungry kiss and soon they found themselves making love under the sheets.

----

Kook sat on his bed, lost in the endless scroll of his phone. The soft glow illuminated his face as he mindlessly flicked through social media feeds.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and his mother-in-law, Mrs. Kim, stepped inside. Her eyes were red and swollen, tears streaking down her cheeks.

Mrs. Kim: "JungKook, please," she choked out between sobs.

"Can you ask Tae to talk to me?" she pleaded.

Kook glanced up from his phone, his expression cold.

Kook: "It's up to my husband whether he wants to talk to you or not. I won't force him."

Mrs. Kim's heart breaks at his words, she felt a surge of hurt.

Mrs. Kim: "But Kook, I just want a chance to make things right. I miss my son. I never meant to hurt anyone", crying.

Kook's eyes flashed with a mix of anger as he listened her words.

Kook: "Oh really? You never meant to hurt anyone", mocked.

Mrs. Kim looks down in shame making kook rolls his eyes.

Kook: "Do you even realize the damage you've caused?" coldly.

"Because of you, my husband cried. He apologized to me for what you've done to me even though it's not his fault", shout, his words laced with bitterness.

Mrs. Kim's heart aches at the realization of the pain she had caused to her beloved son. Tears welled up in her eyes as she struggled to find the right words to express her remorse.

Mrs. Kim: "I'm sorry Jungkook for everything I've done to you. Please forgive me", she whispered, her voice choked with emotion.

Kook remained silent, his expression blank as he turned his attention back to his phone. Mrs. Kim stood there for a moment, her heart heavy with regret, before quietly slipping out of the room, leaving Kook alone with his thoughts.

.
.
.
💜