His final fight

Tristan made it out of the explosive range with little to no injuries. There is no way Roxanne could have survived it. She was only a couple of meters away and already severely injured by the first bomb. It is no problem. She will reincarnate, and Tristan will find her again. Who was Ria aiming at anyway? She is not an irrational person, so she will make a good judgment on whose side to take. Probably the winner's. And for now, that would be Tristan. Speak of the devil. While making his way to the nearby building in order to conceal himself, someone is stepping in his way. "I didn't expect you to be such an active participant in a fight that has nothing to do with you." He states. Ria tilts her head. "You know... I've been having crazy flashbacks lately. It's kinda hard to know whose side to choose. It's been on my mind for quite a while now. I remember a time 1300 years ago, when I let you go for whatever reason. Resulting in all of us disappearing." Tristan slowly starts smiling. "So you got your memories back now. How fortunate for you. Now, what do you plan on accomplishing by standing in my way? If you choose the wrong side, you will die for sure." Ria...no, Evia sighs. "You see... I did it in exchange for a large amount of money... from Roxanne. She told me to just throw them randomly at you. It wouldn't matter if she died, as long as it killed you. A picture book maniac. So I should probably keep that promise for that amount of money. What do you think?" She takes out a big blade. Tristan bursts into laughing: "That's reasonable! I didn't expect anything else from you. However... Roxanne is dead. I doubt you will get cash from a dead leader. And Black Royal won't hand it to you for sure." Now it's Rias turn to laugh. "Don't you get it? There is one person who shouldn't have felt the wrath of the explosion. Only one person, whose side I would always choose. In every single lifetime. In the past, we couldn't be together because I died first. Now it's a verse visa." Tristan's eyes widen. "Nana is dead?" Evia now takes a few steps closer while answering: "Yes and even more surprisingly... Roxanne has survived. Which gives me another reason to kill you. Miya shouldn't have died for nothing." Tristan clenches his teeth. Now it adds up. That crazy short haired somehow managed to save Roxanne at the cost of her own life. What a headache. Why is everyone giving their life for her. Maybe this is the true essence of a villainness. Someone who wouldn't die for others but lets others die for them. Not everyone can pull that off. "I should have executed you centuries ago, but I guess it was not up to me." Evia simply states before attacking Tristan. It doesn't matter. Evias current form is too weak against him. He can take her out and go after Libertia's vessel afterward. The conditions will still be fulfilled, and she will still reincarnate without her memories. Tristan dodges every single one of the attacks effortlessly before catching Evia's hand and turning it inwards. Then, he pushes the blade right into her heart. She falls on her back and Tristan right on top of her. He grins widely. "You should've known that this was pointless. You are not the demon princess anymore." Her chest overflows with blood. "Well, the timing is just right." She whispers before taking her last breath. Timing? The man suddenly hears a three second countdown from her hip. Of course! She is too smart to bite the dust without a plan B. He quickly gets up and runs as fast as he can but doesn't manage on time. The explosion hits him right from behind. Only seconds later, he is lying on the ground, unable to move. There is no way that these people who couldn't win against him in their demon form now put an end to him as humans. Tristan looks to the side. His right hand was blasted off. Probably even more than that, but he can't feel anything else. And still, he is not completely dead yet. Of course... he is the vessel of fate itself. Everything would go as he wanted to. At all times. It was only that one time. When he encountered that woman who managed to take her own path at free will. She surprised him over and over again. It was never possible for him to own her. That is what he admired. As she said herself: "The few who enjoy the privilege of being free are the loneliest and most cursed among all." Finding one gem in an eternity to cure his loneliness made him obsess over her. He wanted this hide and seek game to go on forever. So that they would be together forever. He would be surprised by her unpredictable actions forever. It seems that fate is the only thing that lasts forever after all. Libertia... upon her death, she said those words to him, he will never forget: "If you can be controlled by emotions like loneliness or boredom... you are only living in an illusion of freedom. Because you depend on something. That is the difference between you and me and him." She was referring to the young king of the demon realm. Dorian Hakai. It made Tristan despise him more than anything. Another person who he can not control. And this very person was trying to take away his gem. How pathetic. Fate that is behaving like humans. Emotions and everything. There is no way Tristans curse can ever be lifted. Because he couldn't accept his destiny. But he also failed to fight back. Unlike Libertia, who created her own destiny and crushed everything and everyone who would dare to stand in her way. Tristan realizes this truth only now... that he would have to leave this world.