Chapter eight: The garden

Two weeks had passed since Poppy and Branch were officially a couple. Wedding planning was in full swing, and Poppy was really excited.

" So who are we inviting from your side?" Poppy asked, making invitations

" Well, I don't have that many friends, so just Val,Clay, and Floyd." Branch responded. He didn't want to invite his other brothers, For reasons." What about you?"

" Well, Viva has to come." Said Poppy." And Smidge too! Cooper and Prince D and Satin and Chenille and Dj Suki and-"

" You have a lot of friends, don't you?"

" Yeah, sometimes I really miss them."

" Oh," Branch said. Poppy was looking a bit sad so he decided to change the subject." So,where are you on flowers?"

" Ooh, well, we have to have roses because they're the most romantic flower, and they're my favorite."

" Wait, poppies aren't your favorite?" Branch asked.

" No, why would they because I'm named after them? Please." Poppy scoffed." Poppies are pretty, but I've always loved roses. They were the main centerpiece in my garden, remember?"

Branch remembered the garden. Beautiful poppies and hyacinths and hydrangeas everywhere! And the roses. They were lined up in a beautiful rainbow pattern. It was truly a sight to see, and Poppy left it all behind to marry Branch.

"it was amazing." Branch said.

" Yeah," Poppy replied."I really miss it.." Tears started to form in Poppy's eye."So!" Poppy changed the subject."What about cake? I know you like chocolate and I like strawberry so maybe it can be neapoliton!"

" Uh, yeah, sure, whatever you want, Poppyseed." Branch said.

" Great! Now let me get back to these invitations." Poppy left to get more scrapbooking supplies, and Branch looked an already made invitation. It was addressed to Viva.

" Huh, you know Poppy really misses you." He said to the invitation." I think she's homesick. What do you think I should do?"

The invitation gave no response.

" You're right." Branch put down the invitation and started making some plans.

. . . .

" So Princess Poppy's getting married to the king of rock?"

" Uh yeah, but don't worry, she's fine!"  Viva tried to calm down the stressed pop trolls.

" How do you know that?"

" Well, Branch isn't a bad guy

" He's a rock troll! They're all bad! "

" Yeah, bring Princess Poppy back!"

The pop trolls just kept shouting at the poor queen. She couldn't tell them why Poppy was marrying Branch. That would just make them more worried. After the announcement. Viva went to Poppy's garden. It was just as beautiful and welcoming as the trolls who made it. The doctors said that Poppy would benefit from fresh air and that's where Viva got the idea of making a garden, Poppy,  Viva and their father had all pitched in to make this garden as beautiful as it is, and now...

Neither of them were there to see it anymore.

Viva broke down. She cried and kneeled into the garden, putting her face in her hands. She missed Poppy dearly. She was the only family Viva had left, and now she was GONE. All because of a stupid string.

" Queen Viva?" A troll asked. Viva recognized the voice. It was Smidge, the first friend Poppy had ever made all the way back in kindergarten.

" You miss Poppy, don't you?"