Chapter three: Together now

Poppy and Branch started writing letters every day after that. They even visited each other a few times. Branch thought Poppy was a nice refresher from his duties and the other rock trolls, and Poppy thought Branch was an awesome guy. He was just so much more different than her other friends,different but better.

Poppy had been learning how to play Blackjack with Branch when Viva got a letter.

" What's that?" Poppy asked

" It's some sort of invitation." Viva opened the crisp white letter. She read it out loud:

" Dear Queen Viva, It is Conduct or Trollzarts's greatest pleasure to invite you to a soiree of a lifetime. We would be honored if you would bring your string to Symphonyville and revile in an eternity of classical music and sophistication."

"Conductor Trollzart, that's the leader of the classical trolls, right?." Branch put down the cards and went over to Viva's side.

" Um, yeah, what does he want with our string? Viva looked at the letter puzzingly. Then door the burst open. It was Cooper, the funk troll ambassador.

" Queen Viva! Oh, King Branch, you're here too."

"Cooper, what's wrong? " Viva folded up the letter and put it in her hair.

" My parents called for a meeting of all the troll royals, so you gotta get to Vibe City now!"

The two trolls looked at each , then looked at Cooper. Other than Branch , Poppy, Cooper, Clay and Viva , the troll tribes leaders and royal families never spoke to each other, and if they wanted to talk to Branch and Viva , the trolls whose ancestors caused all the tribe's problems in the first place, then the situation must be dire.

. . .

Viva and Branch made their way to Vibe City. Neither of them had ever been there before, so it was a bit of a culture shock . A funk troll who looked an awful lot like Cooper introduced himself as Prince D and escorted the King and Queen to the royal funk troll's palace. Prince D led them to a pair of giant doors. When they opened, it revealed the leaders of the troll tribes. Except for a few.

" Finally, they're here!" Said Delta Dawn, Mayor of the Country trolls. " Let's get thing started already!"

" W-where's Trollzart? " Branch asked the table of two.

" That's exactly who we're here to talk about. King Trollex of the Techno trolls replied. " Did either of you get that fancy invitation he sent us?" His helmet lit up with a question mark.

" Um, yeah , i did." Viva took out her invitation."What do you think it means?"

" Isn't it obvious?" A voice from behind the Pop queen. " He wants our strings."

The two standing trolls turned around and saw Essence and Quincy, King and Queen of the funk trolls.

" Queen Viva , King Branch, take a seat. " Queen Essence gestured to the chairs. Each chair had a name tag on it . The two trolls promptly sat in their respective seats.

" I believe most of you have received a letter like this?" King Quincy showed a letter that looked eerily similar to Viva's.

" The letter's intention is clear. Trollzart wants to use our strings to take control of the entire troll kingdom."

" So, what did you call us for?" Trollex asked.

" It's simple, really." Queen Essence said." Everyone knows that the more strings , the more power a troll has. So if you give us your strings , we could find a way to use them and defeat Trollzart!"