57 | Worst-Case Scenario

Start from the beginning

How was she? Needing to help and protect Rylann was weighing down on her and with the threat of Pre Vizsla sending assassins was scary. There was also Wynn Avunn and all the untapped power she had—not to mention her DNA was of an ex-jedi (possible sith) and a Death Watch overlord. And then making sure she felt welcome was a whole other thing. Then the documents Rylann found meant research and pulling what she could from the Kamino and Jedi archives. Also, talking to Senator Pro'oz about clone aging to see if she could solve that for Rylann and the whole GAR's sake. And then the war. And the visions. So much was going on so she was definitely not doing well.

Overwhelmed and in need of a friend, she typed out on the commlink, pausing. He was just as stressed as she was, if not more. Wynn was quite possibly a clone of his sister and the guy who just tried to kill him and his old love on Mandalore. She wouldn't stress him out any more. She erased what she had and instead she wrote, I have been extremely busy. How are you?

She sent it, laying back down in her bed. It was only 0400 in the morning. She used to wake up at this time every day when she was a padawan. She would make her way to the tree in the courtyard and watch the sun rise. She needed that time alone to process her thoughts and set her mind and heart right before the start of the day.

Maybe she'd do that again.

Sliding out of bed, she made her way to the door of her room, pushing the button to open it. Outside of her door was Rylann, groggily rubbing her eyes.

"Master, I had a dream," was all she said and Shaak Ti ushered her into the room.

"What is it, Rylann?" Shaak Ti asked as Rylann crawled onto the bed.

"I had a dream that I—" Rylann gulped, looking down as she licked her lips. "I was shot."

"Ah, I see," Shaak Ti said, fear rising to her throat. "Was it in a snowy woods?"

Rylann furrowed her brows. "No. I was shot in the shoulder on a ship and then it crashed." Rylann shivered. "And the team didn't know what to do."

"It's often hard to prepare everyone for the worst-case scenario," Shaak Ti said. So the dream was separate. But Shaak Ti wasn't going to dismiss Rylann's dream. Two dreams of Rylann being shot in one night was too big of a coincidence. "Maybe you could join heads with the Batch and figure out some plans in case bad things do happen."

The image of Rylann unmoving in the snow jabbed at Shaak Ti's vision.

Rylann furrowed her brows, placing a hand on Shaak Ti's. "Are you alright?"

Shaak Ti nodded. "I will be fine." She removed her hand. "And you need some rest. Get back to sleep."

Rylann froze, averting her eyes. "Could we sit under the tree like we used to?"

Warmth spread through Shaak Ti's body as a smile grew on her face. "Of course we can."

【 ⌖ 】

Hunter