20.

Chapter 20.
2Pain

I've got a meeting with my lawyer around 12 and need to plan the next meet with my old friends and collect their evidence." I went through a mental checklist in my head to see if there was anything else, "Oh and check the house! The police said they've officially cleaned everything and I should be set to return but honestly..I might try to sell it. I'll have to ask my lawyer about it."

I leave Zane's and immediately head over to the house. I've still got two hours before my meeting with Mr. Brooks.

I wasn't sure how I would feel but as I get out of my car I immediately know I need to sell this house or rent it out or something. Even though it's sunny outside and this goregous two story baby blue house looks beautiful the feeling that washes over me is dread.

The same dread I felt when I knew Alex was waiting for me that night and any other time I left the house or the dread I would feel wondering if he was out with a mother woman. I didn't really want to walk in, afraid I would find myself trapped but still I moved my legs. I stepped into the foyer which was really just two walls spaced on either side of the door, the miniature hallway leading to the living room. The same living room where he had several times choked me out. Where we had several times fought on the ground, rolling around only for me to always end up on the bottom.

Beaten.

The images flashed through my mind as I walked, peeping into the kitchen. The place I'd sipped my wine and pondered my life choices.  The place where there was no doubt some tiny specks of glass hidden because no sweeping or mopping could get rid of the evidence of hundreds of plates, bowls, and glasses hitting the floor.

The stairs where I'd been dragged, my room where I was defiled, beat, threatened.

I shivered feeling like someone was watching me even though I was the only one in the house. I packed up everything I had left that I felt was valuable and that I had bought myself. I left everything that Alex had bought me, I was going to sell all those things or burn them. I still had time before I needed to start heading to see Mr brooks so I went out to the back porch. A place that was never poisoned by our toxicity. I sipped from a bottle of wine I got from the kitchen, I hate to tell you all this but I keep my wine in the fridge and Ah don't give a fuck. 

I sat where the concrete of the porch met and hovered over the grass. I just sipped and sat, thinking about nothing and everything all at once. Then I dived into the group chat I made for myself and my old friends, including Mavis and Quin. Quin because he had seen how Alex acted about me and Mavis because she asked and she didn't want any young girls hitting on her husband, l.o.l. I thought to put Zane in it too but my lawyer said since he didn't actually see  Alex doing or saying anything or heard a call or read a text It wouldn't matter if I put him in it. He would tell the court about my small mental break down after we had sex but that and emotional support was all he had to add. 

Rea- Hey guys! Umm when should we plan the next meet? Oh wait any of you backing out or unsure if you can help? Lmk now so I can drop u from the chat.. 

Nala- Girl don't worry bout me I'm already collecting what I got. I'm not sure if I wanna go on stand yet I'm getting ready to consult a lawyer and see what they thing I should do, but I get evidence on evidence cuz I been, WAITING for this. 

 The chat was giving silent for a few minutes before she added. 

Nala- Not for u 2 kill him but for him 2 do some fuck shit and for u 2 be ready to leave

Rea- I was finna say-...Lol 

Demont- Yk I'm down Re idk if I have some messages and shit with him and yk he was in sum illegal shit. I got the hookup baby girl.

Jackie- I can't afford to go on stand rn I got something lined up with a job but if I'm alley secured in the job b4 we do this, I'll def rep u but I think I got sum dirt on his nasty ass. I THINK 

*alrdy 

Kevin- I don't really have anything to contribute tbh I mean- Ian got nothin physical and I rlly didn't see or hear anything I can testify abt the bruises that was on you but idk if that'll rlly help 

Rea- Nah the more witnesses and evidence the better!!!! I'm meeting with my lawyer at 12 so I'll let him know the news 

Mavis- YA'LL YOUNG HOES BETTER RIDE FOR MY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mwah 

Quin- What kind of man would I be if I said no? 

Rea- Thank you guys so much I love ya'll!!!!!

After that the chat was filled with "I love you toos" "You're welcomes" "We wills" and then light chatter. I stayed on the back porch for an hour and some although I stopped sipping. I felt like peace, like everything was falling into place. 

>>>>>>>>>>>

God...

Where In the fuck is peace because right now I feel like I'm in pieces. My body roared in pain and protest, my voice restricted, the heat blistering, and I was disorientated not understanding what the hell just happens for maybe I was disorientated from whatever made me hit my head...

3rd person POV + Rewind 

Tareea drove like she always did, reasonably cautious. She stopped when she was supposed to stop, slowed when she was suppose to slow, sped up when she had a chance, and so on. But in this instant it didn't matter. 

It didn't matter that she had the right away on this road. It didn't matter the other car was going so fast it seem like they came out of no where. What mattered was that she turned the moment the big red pickup truck came rolling in her peripheral, she turned just enough it wouldn't have done nothing but hit the hell out of her light and probably made her car shift over. 

But that didn't matter either because when she turned to avoid the collision, they turned to make it happen, front of their car nailing her smaller Honda pushing the passenger side into her and thrusting her car against a tree, somehow the engines collide and crushed, then burned. The other driver? Injured but not enough to not flea the scene, in all black from head to toe at that, disappeared into the forming crowd.  

________________________________________________________________________________

So... How're we feeling right now? 

You guys don't know this but I want this book to evoke..emotion. I don't want it to just make you angry but I want it to make you sad, I want it to give you butterflies, I want to raise your blood pressure then drop it back down. 

With that being said this story isn't meant to have a hell bunch of drama okay? It's meant to just really be about Tareea's feelings about the little build up of shit going on in her life and that's supposed to kinda make it a little dramatic. 

She's battling her insecurities, her want for real love and care, and trying to get back what she lost with Alex. And have bomb ass sex one thing she never got with Alex (well..maybe not never but it def wasn't as good as Zane). 

I do want to add little flares of semi-out of place drama because I don't want the story to be borinnngggggg for those who like drama but I myself am getting tired of over-dramatized book. 

Like- I once read a book with so many damn random ass plot twist for drama it was just..not enjoyable. Like first she loved dude then she tried to kill him then they worked it out then some ppl tried to kill her then he saved her then she had his kids then he locked her away then he set her free then she found out he wasn't who he was supposed to be then she set him up to be killed by the family of the guy who he was posing ass like-.......CHILL TF OUT PLEASE 

Anyways there was no happy ending lol.