calm before the storm

Začať od začiatku

Around 9:00, we met in the middle of the common room. Seems like a conspicuous place, I know, but there was no one around. Everyone was either doing homework or snogging in some private corridor.

We walk out of the common room together, walking up the stairs, out to the entrance hall. She opened the doors silently and the cold air chilled my face, but I felt Aura shiver next to me, so I carefully took off my traveling coat and draped it over her shoulders, and she giggled.

I wish I could listen to that forever.

Eventually, our conversations faded to comfortable silence, but I couldn't handle it. Comfortable or not, I wanted to talk to her more. I want to hear her voice every minute of every day.

"Tell me 3 things I don't know about you," I said, saying the first thought that came to mind.

"3 things, huh? That's difficult. There's not much you don't know about me." She replied, glancing at me.

I was silent, waiting for her to answer.

"There is one thing I know you don't know, mostly because the story is too embarrassing to tell."

"Pleaseeee, can you tell me?" I begged.

She was going to play hard to get, I could already tell.

"Why should I tell you?" She asked, nudging my shoulder. I briefly thought of when she told me this in the Great Hall just a few days ago.

But I had a different response planned this time.

"Because you know you want to, darling."

Her eyes widened, and she flushed, unable to put two words together.

"W-what?"

I laughed, and she put her head in her hands, groaning.

"In 3rd year, Ominis and I were studying together for Potions. We had a couple of floating candles around us, but there wasn't much light, so I had to bend down to see what I was reading because Ominis had a special book written in Braille. Ominis had looked up to talk to me, and when he moved his head up towards me, I had just bent down again to keep reading. Our lips touched, and Ominis fell off of the bed in shock. That's why he was in the Hospital Wing for a week, cause we were both too embarrassed to say a word. It was a total accident, but it did technically count as my first kiss."

I gasped, ready to ask a million questions, but the only thing that came out of my mouth was, "Hey, I thought your first was Garreth, so it could've been worse."

She laughed and said, "Yeah, I guess so. But before I come up with a second one, how about you tell me something you've never told me?"

I had the perfect one, and I knew it would get a reaction out of her.

"Contrary to popular belief, I don't have a middle name. Neither does Anne. Our family didn't believe in that stuff. Although it's pretty funny when you shout 'SEBASTIAN ROBERT SALLOW!' when you're mad."

"Wait, WHAT? Merlin's beard, I'm sorry." She said, her eyes shining.

"I just found the whole thing funny," I replied, laughing.

"I swore that was your middle name. I feel terrible now!" She groaned, putting her head in her hands.

I put my hand on her back. "Hey, don't be. It's okay. I don't mind when you call me that. It makes me feel you care for me more than my mom and dad did."

"Sebastian! Your mom and dad cared for and loved you!"

"They spent more time immersed in their studies than they did taking care of Anne and me. They couldn't even bother to give us middle names."