𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

Start from the beginning

"Well, tell me, did you dream of power and becoming a Queen or Jedi Knight when you were a little girl?" Anakin asked, and Hera began chuckling.

"No! I was expecting both sure, but it was the last thing I thought of," Hera explained, and she let out a breathe. "I was taken ot the Jedi Temple when I was really young, where I learned how to obviously become a Jedi, but I was taking Senetorial and Politics classes for when it was my turn to rule. Only I wasn't expecting it to be so soon." They began to walk over the small moat around the courtyard, which would lead them to the entrance of the castle. "I wasn't the youngest Queen to be crowned in my family, but not that I think back on it, I'm not sure I was old enough. I'm not sure I was ready."

"The people you serve thought you do a great job," Anakin told her, trying to give her some form of positivety. "I heard they even tried to convince you to drop your Jedi role and rule Selene full time."

"Popular rule is not democracy, Anakin," Hera told him. "It gives the people what they want, not what they need. And, truthfully, I was relieved when I was crowned. So were my aunt and uncle." Anakin sent her a small confused look. "Padme's parents. Their not my blood family, but they are close enought that I wouldn't question it. They worried about me during the blockade and couldn't wait for it all to be over. Actually, I was hoping to have a family of my own by now... Padme's sister has the most amazing, wonderful kids... So when the Senate asked me to serve as the representative of Selene, I couldn't refuse them."

"I agree with them," Anakin told her, and she looked to him as they began walked through a hall of open winds that led to the back entrance of the palace. "I think the Republic needs you... I'm glad you chose to serve. I feel things are going to happen in our generation that will change the galaxy in profound ways."

"I think so too," Hera said unsurly, and she met the eyes of Anakin before they continued their walk with Artoo.

Hera and Anakin left their luggage with some guards for now, who would transport them to wherever the twow ould be staying for the remainder of their trip. Hera believed that any assassin would assume that she would stay in the palace, so she believed it was safer for her tpo stay elseware. She was led into the throne room, where she was met with the four familiar faces of her advisors/council memebers. Alessia De Rege of the city Wruenton was the first to notice Hera, and Alessia made her way over to the younger girl. Alessia grabbed Hera's hands with a soft smile.

"We're been worried about you," Alessia said as Rubin Voltolini of Sluson made his way over a look at the blonde girl.

"I'm so glad you're safe, Hera," Rubin said, giving her a small nod as she smiled at both of them. Hera looked at the other two advisors, Eva Ragno of Osamouth and Tullio Albero of Edoland, and she sent both of them a smile which was returned.

"Thank you, Alessia and Rubin," Hera said with a soft smile. "I only with I could have served Selene better by staying on Coruscant for the vote."

"Given the circumstances, Your Highness, you know it was the only desicion that would guarantee the safety of Selene," Rubin told her with as small creases formed on his forehead.

"Please, everyone sit," Hera told the people in the room, which consisted of the advisors, a few handmaidens (who had been tasked to stay on Selene during the returns of Hera), and a few guards. The advisors bowed before returning to their seats, and Hera nodded for Anakin to follow her. She sat in her throne while Anakin stood behind her in a protective stance. The handmaidens retreated to their seats that were aroudn the room, as the guards stood throughout the large room.