This line of thought brought a lot of comfort to Gu Wuji.

He ran towards the exit, but the ship, which had already sunk significantly, seemed to have been struck by something. The hull shook violently and tilted to a very steep angle, causing many to stagger and nearly slip into the water.

Had Gu Wuji not grabbed onto a protruding part of the floor in time, he might have fallen as well.

He suspected that the mermaid from this instance was behind this, a strength that only such a non-human entity could possess… Truth be told, Gu Wuji felt somewhat conflicted inside. After all, the mermaid had been an ally, but now he had to confront such a terrifying being.

Turning his head, Gu Wuji immediately spotted the ship's map on the wall of the hall, quickly memorizing the escape route. Just in case, he also looked at other pathways.

The situation worsened, as the entire ship seemed to be dragged down into the water at an even faster rate by a formidable force.

The expressions on everyone's faces were grim. Had they not been through so many instances and had their physical strength not been far beyond that of ordinary people, they would likely not have lasted long in such conditions.

Gu Wuji did not see Lu Yuanyi and Falcon among them, presumably, they were in another part of the large vessel.

At this moment, ghosts from the outside world began to slowly invade this space. Ghostly figures appeared in the water, and the original corpses on the ship shakily stood up, advancing towards the players. Despite the already challenging conditions to navigate the cabin, their movements were astonishingly agile. They moved in eerie ways that were unnerving to witness.

"Fuck, if we stay any longer, there will be even more ghosts!"

"We can't stay in this place for another moment."

Everyone was terrified, their hearts pounding as they struggled to move toward the exit.

For Gu Wuji, however, none of this presented any difficulty. He even helped some of the players to leave, immediately earning their profound gratitude. If possible, they even wanted to erect a statue in his honor.

Just as he was about to leave himself, Gu Wuji suddenly saw two people struggling on the other side. One of them forcefully kicked the player in front of them down next to a corpse, a look of satisfaction on their face as they escaped through a nearby door.

The player on the ground, shocked and almost touching the corpse, saw the corpse's hand nearly touching him. In extreme fear, he tried to move aside, but due to another shake of the cabin, he lost his grip and fell towards the water below, now teeming with ghostly figures.

"Help, save me—"

By the time he shouted, the player had already given up hope of survival, unable to imagine any possibility of making it out alive.

But in the next moment, a hand suddenly grabbed his. Gu Wuji, holding onto the door frame with one hand and the player with the other, lifted the fully grown man as if it was no effort at all. "Are you okay?"

The player breathed a sigh of relief, hurriedly expressing his thanks, "Thank you!"

The two quickly climbed over the door frame and finally reached the corridor outside. Just a bit further through this area, and they would be outside the ship, where they could escape.

Several players were still above them. The man who had had a dispute with the player Gu Wuji saved sneered upon seeing them, his expression sour.

The corridor was already steeply inclined, forcing the two to climb upwards as if scaling a wall. Thankfully, the walls were adorned with many decorations, and the floor was covered with sturdy carpets, which aided their escape. Without these, they couldn't imagine how they could flee so swiftly.