Chapter 50: Lesson

Start from the beginning

"Pretty much." Randy shrugged, "But this place is basically a free-range training ground. Did we promise to teach you anything? Because you definitely promised to teach me that cool voice thing and now's the perfect time to do it." 

Zenitsu thought for a second, "Actually yeah. You did promise me something."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time that the Nomicon let them leave it was already dark. 

Zenitsu groaned as he pushed himself off the floor, exhaustion clear in his voice, "Is that always what it's like...?" 

Randy shrugged as he stood up casually. 

"Don't just shrug at me! I want some kind of answer!" Zenitsu yelled at his friend who was much too calm about this. 

Giyuu sighed as he lifted himself up, "The Nomicon only brings in our consciousness, not our bodies. Every time we enter the Nomicon results in our bodies collapsing." 

"Ugh... It doesn't feel like it. I feel sore..." Zenitsu complained. 

"Well jumping across trees for hours will do that for you." Randy mentioned as he stretched, "Man, I need a nap..." 

"We have patrol." Giyuu said flatly, grabbing the Nomicon off the floor. 

Randy groaned dramatically which made Zenitsu let out a chuckle, "Well thanks for teaching me but I've really got to get back to the Butterfly Mansion."

"Oh yeah. You were supposed to be back there, like, yesterday." Randy said casually as he walked around looking for his mask. 

"Try not to avoid Kocho when you get there. It will only make things worse." Giyuu advised, wordlessly gesturing to Randy where their masks were. 

Randy grabbed the two masks as Zenitsu nodded with acknowledgement. 

"Wish me luck?" Zenitsu asked as he made his way to the door. 

"Oh wait!" Randy called out before handing Zenitsu a pouch of rice and a bowl full of soup, "You should eat after all that training! Soup for the soul!" 

Zenitsu smiled, a bit confused on how the soup was still hot, but thankful, nonetheless. 

Randy made shooing motions with his hands, "Now go! You don't want to keep the Butterfly Lady waiting!" 

Zenitsu, just now remembering the probably furious woman waiting for him, practically ran out of the Water Estate. 

"I do not envy him right now" Randy sighed once Zenitsu got out of earshot, which took a few minutes, "Well let's go... The sooner we get this over with the sooner I can sleep."