CHAPTER 1

Not edited! Well , slightly edited.

5 Years later.....

'Grrrr.....grrrr' the alarm went off.

Ya Allah this early , I even took a mini day off before going to work. I murmured.

I checked my phone at the bedside table and the time reads 9:00 am.
But wait....I didn't recall setting the alarm. It's that little brat of this house.

"ANISA!!" I screeched.

" What is wrong with this kids nowadays with yelling" I heard my grandma complaining AGAIN.

I think she is coming to my room.
I quickly get off my bed , clean up the necessary things even though is not that dirty but with grandma even a speck of dust is dirt to her.

The door barged open right on time .
I quickly pretend to be combing my hair with the hair brush I saw on the floor a while a ago.

" Oh! Ya Allah why blessed me with these tardy people and  they think they  are my blood , but I'm always punctual" she prayed vehemently as if  Malakul maut ( Angel of d death) has come to take her life.

I rolled my eyes dramatic much.
In this family is not new, they like adding new episodes never ending one .

" Ya habibtee , did your hair got  tangled" she asked worriedly.

Actually she needs to be ,because there was a time in my toddler years I got my hair fused together only Allah knows how it went it was horrible.
Even the memory of it sends shiver down my spine.

" No, granny "  I said.
"But don't you have work today , who am I  kidding you have work everyday, if you had listen to me that job of yours would have stopped long time ago , but I won't worry my self I pray that your husband refuse to --- " she was saying when I cut her off.

"Don't! grandma you of all people know exactly why this work is important for me , for us"

"Okay" she agreed .
I know the literal meaning of her 'okay' is you still are not left off the hook.

"But..em..where is Anisa"

" Here , I am MILADY" she bowed.

"Why did you set the alarm, when you clearly know that I wanted to rest for a bit" I gritted out.

" God! You kids lack manners". Grandma said and hit the back of our heads. Walking away and sighing.

She turned around and said .
" Faheemah ah , pls when you reach your workplace do eat for me,please" .
With that she was out of our sight like a flash. Which kind  of fast legs does an  old woman like her possess.

"Errrmm.....errrmm"Anisa cleared her throat.

"Okay! Okay, I forgive you, but next time I won't" I said tiredly.

'As if ' I heard her muttered.

"What did you just said" I asked with a glare daring her to say another word.

"Nothing" she said quickly and ran back to her room closing the door with a bang.
We have many drama queens in the family, it in the genes I guess.

I nodded to myself heading to work finally.

~~~

" Nurse fahee, your assistance is needed in the OT. Aka ' Operating theatre'.

"Okay....." I drawled .
She nods her head for me to go on.
" Who is the doctor appointed there" I rushed my words. Praying is not Voldemort.

"Obviously, is Dr. James, you need to hurry you know how he get worked up for being late" Diana said .