PART 42

LISA'S POV

The weather is ideal for us to begin the day and complete our objectives. After discussing each aspect of our strategy with the girls last night, I finally assigned them their respective tasks. I made it easy for them to avoid danger from my enemy. Once my adversary discovers that they are helping me, it could turn into an attraction for them. I don't want them to suffer because of me. I'm fucking done with pain and misery.

Even though I didn't want them to become involved, they tried everything they could to persuade Jennie, which led to my agreement as well. I directed Jisoo and Seulgi to look for any private papers or secret documents in their respective sectors. Irene and Rosé, on the other hand, I have already assigned them the task of taking responsibility and compiling my awaiting documents, which is an effective drive for them to be in Manoban Corporation. I called my secretary and informed them that they would be taking over my work in the meantime. They have plenty of time to search for that paper.

For my agenda, I'm presently on my way to the Manoban Clan to discuss matters with them. I need help in finding that study paper before my enemy does. I feel like it will ultimately end everything if I find that paper. This is why I sought backup from some of my clan's top-ranked members. It's now or never. I'm their leader anyway. I know they'll do anything I will ask them to do. This is to bring down our enemies. It's a good reason for them to be summoned, and I will give them whatever they want in exchange.

I dropped off Jennie at the hospital, where Taehyung was temporarily confined. Bambam and other of my agents are with her. I'm confident she'll be protected. I mean, it's a hospital, they can't move around freely. Taehyung is still unconscious. Jennie offered to assist his family, but the progress has been slow so far. They're still uncertain what caused his accident. Jennie's allocated detective team wants to give up already, but his family doesn't want them to. Should I take over the duties in this instance? I believe Taehyung will be able to assist me once he wakes up. I'm not sure, but I can sense it.

Alright, I need to talk to her about this. I know we're not on good terms, and I know my blood boils whenever I see him, but I need to put that aside. I can give him anything in exchange, except Jennie, or anything related to Jennie, of course.

She's mine. Jennie is mine. All of her is mine. I hope it's clear to him. Or anyone who wants Jennie.

Elder Taeyang greeted me immediately and led me to our meeting room, which had a bizarre vibe. Each of my powerful members has their own distinct appeal and articulation, which is an effective way to establish your personality to everyone around you. Everyone will fear you. Everyone will respect and follow you if you have a commanding demeanour. As their leader, I must portray the invincible and menacing Lisa.

"I suppose everyone is already here now?" I said after sitting down on my spot.

"Yes, and we're ready to hear your plans." Elder Taeyang answered back.

"Alright. I'd like to start with a question. I know you've all worked alongside my father before. I know you know a lot more than me. And I know you're all dedicated to my father and our clan. In this instance, does anyone know about a study paper that my father stored, or did he mention anything about it?" I asked. Please, I hope one of them knows about this. It'll make my work easier.

"He did mention some paperwork to me a week before he died." One of my members talked, a known businessman. It makes sense. If this is about business, my father would really open up to a businessman.

"Can you please tell me some details of it?" I asked and clasps my hand on top of the table, gazing my eyes to him.

"Mr. Reynolds agreed to collaborate with Vortex Industries on the development of a microchip, right? A microchip capable of gathering data by just inserting it into a hardware-based or positioning it 1-2 meters near a processing device or any other device that evokes data." He paused for a moment. He surely knows something.