PART 17

LISA'S POV

The sound of my alarm clock continues to ring in my ears, compelling me to get up despite the fact that I'm still too lethargic to stand. I dragged myself up and dashed into my bathroom to take a bath. I need cold water to awaken my senses. I have a lot of work to accomplish, and I shouldn't squander time. The clock is ticking, and our adversaries are still out there, committing unlawful and criminal activities.

After putting on my suit and my watch, I grabbed my file bag and car key. I don't normally have breakfast before going to work. One cup of coffee should be sufficient. But as soon as I opened the door, I could hear utensils snapping and food frying in our kitchen. As I went down down the stairs, I could smell the aroma of whatever cuisine it was. My smile flashed as soon as I saw Jennie's back, already dressed in her office outfit.

"You're early." I simply uttered and sat down on the stool of our countertop.

"Of course. I'm the CEO. I should be early for them to follow." Jennie answered while preparing the coffee.

"I don't usually eat breakfast before going to work, but since it was you who prepared this, I'll disregard that routine." I smiled and placed my bag in the vacant stool.

"You should be. I gave time just for this. But even so, you still need to eat. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Jennie muttered and handed me the coffee.

"You're just like my mother." I chuckled and sipped on it. Jennie placed the food she cooked, consisting of scrambled eggs, bacons, hotdogs, and 2 bread toast with butter.

"This is too much." I said while staring at my plate.

"No, that's just enough to fill your stomach." Jennie still insisted and sat in front of me after settling everything.

"Anyway, you don't need to drop me off. I need my car, I have an important meeting to attend to." Jennie added while eating her bread toast.

"Okay then. But, you're going home tonight, right?" I asked her, and she nodded.

"Just call me whenever you need something. And remember Attorney Park's instructions. Okay?" I told her.

"Yes, no worries." Jennie answered back.

After having our meal, we double-checked everything, and I told our guards to keep an eye on the mansion. Jennie headed directly to her firm. As for me, I went first to the prison, where the gang leader is being detained. Elder Taeyang and Mino are already waiting for me. We need to check on the agent we deployed inside to obtain information. I hope he gathers some. We urgently need leads.

"Agent Bobby. How are you inside?" I asked first before asking about some information. Of course, we need to know if he's fine and going well inside. He's our agent and our responsibility.

"I'm good, chief. No one dares to bully me inside. I think they got terrified when I knocked a guy down who attempted to get all my things." He slightly chuckled, and we also followed.

"Good to know then." I scanned around us before talking again.

"So, got any information about the gang leader?" I asked lowly.

"His name is Lee Seungri. He has the highest position and control in different gang organisations. And on what I heard, he has connections outside, rich people since they always give him whatever he wants." He stated and lowered his head.

"He knows the inside transactions of Manoban Corporation. I eavesdrop on his call last night, I think, an employee to your corporation since I heard him talking about you, the new CEO. Once I find out the name of that person he was talking to, then that would be our lead. But it's kinda hard to go near him. He has protection." He talked while looking around. I furrowed my eyes when he said the last statement.