CHAPTER 11

“How about this, Zeph?”

Muli kong inangat ang tingin kay Mommy na may hawak na naman na bagong dress. The night I told her that I will be joining the pageant for the upcoming foundation day she was worried. She asked me a lot of times if I want it because if not she can talk to the school director to pull my name out on the list of the contestants.

I understand her being paranoid that night. After what I’ve been through I know that she wouldn't allow me to do something that will remind me of that horrible day. Good thing Dad and Zach was there to help me calm Mommy.

After some talks, clarifications, advices, and many more Mom eventually agreed. And now… here she is. Busy showing me the dresses she bought from different luxury brands.

“Oh. No, no…” Mom looked disappointed.

My forehead creased, “Why, Mom?”

“I shouldn't have bought you these…” she heaved a deep sigh.

“H-huh?” nataranta ako bigla dahil baka na-apektuhan siya sa reaksyong pinakita ko. Goodness. “Mom, t-they are beauti—”

“I should’ve asked a designer to make you a gown…”

Napatanga ako sa sinabi niya. My Mom… no matter how much she values simplicity she can never let an occasion pass without giving her best to make us look presentable… not that we are not presentable.

Thanks to Mom’s and Dad’s genes both me and Zach are good looking without even doing anything. However, Mom would always do everything to make us even more presentable… it annoys Zach but definitely not me. I am like her mini version… only that most of my features are from Dad. Still, Mom and I likes fashion.

Wala lang talaga ako sa mood na sabayan ang energy niya sa mga designer dresses na binili niya dahil sa pagod. Kakauwi ko lang galing sa practice namin buong maghapon. Oh, speaking of. After what happened earlier Sola and I just had a short conversation. Iyon ay bago kami umuwi. Inaantay niya pa kasi si Gavin dahil sabay daw sila, while I was waiting for Tatay Noel.

Nauna din akong naka-uwi sa kaniya dahil hindi rin naman nagtagal si Tatay Noel. The talk was casual. As what I have said as much as I envied her I won't ever do anything to ruin what they have. I know girls code, you know? It is just saddening sometimes because there are some girlies who don't seem to apply that to themselves.

Maybe because of envy? Could be. Yet, one shouldn't be bitter and steal someone's property just because they feel envy over that person. Girlies out there… don’t let yourselves be succumb by envy… if someone’s not for you learn to let go. Never beg for them to take you back… those boys who let you go are all losers… how come he let go of someone so precious?

Girlies… you deserve someone that is willing to give the world to you or if not, at least someone who loves you… genuinely. Same goes to those men who were left behind… you all deserve so much better. Don’t rush. Time will come that you will finally be able to embrace that someone who’s meant for you.

For now, just focus on loving yourself because when the time comes that you finally meet that person you can love her/him the way they deserve to be love.

“But, I don’t have much time to make a gown only for you, love.”

Napailing na lang ako sa problemadong tono ng boses ni Mommy. I smiled.

“It’s okay, My. Those dresses you've bought is fine. I will just choose from them which I find that would suit me more.”

“What’s happening here?”

Pareho kami ni Mommy na napatingin sa pinto ng kwarto ko. Nakasilip doon ang ulo ni Daddy. Kumunot ang noo niya ng makita ang mga dress na nagkalat sa bed ko. Tuluyan na siyang pumasok.

“Aren’t they done yet?”

Sumunod na pumasok si Zach.

“Oh, boys…” Mommy heaved a sigh.

“What’s with the scattered dresses here?” Naguguluhan pa ring tanong ni Daddy.

“They've been finding a dress that Zeph will wear on the pageant night of Miss Foundation 2024.” It was Zach who answered. Pinagkrus niya ang mga braso sa dibdib.

“And we still haven't found one for, Zephaniah!” Mom said like it was a very big of a problem.

This time it was me who heaved a breath. “My… I told you, I can just choose…”

Tumigil ako sa pagsasalita ng ikaway ni Mommy ang kamay sa ere na parang pinipigilan akong magsalita pa.

“Love, I know you're okay with these…” iminuwestra ng kamay niya ang mga dresses na nagkalat sa kama ko, “But then, honey, I’m not okay with it. I want you to wear something that’ll make you stand out—”

“Babe, you do know that she’s our daughter. She stands out without even wearing those.” Dad chuckled.

I smiled at that, though I heard Zach grunted. Mommy rolled her eyes.

“I know that very well, Zy, but seeing Zeph stand out more while wearing dresses that makes her like a princess is so…perfect.”

“She’s already a princess, though.” Dad shrugged and smiled softly at me.

“I know that, too. But, still.” We can't really stop Mom for being this way. “Ah, anyway, since I can’t choose what Zeph will wear, I will just ask my designer friend.”

“Mom!”

“Oh, Mom, please…” Zach sighed.

Daddy chuckled again and went to Mom. He hugged her lovingly.

“Whatever pleases you, Av,” He said softly.

I rolled my eyes the same time Zach groaned again.

“Oh my gosh! Why in front of us?!”

“This is so cringey!”

Both Mom and Dad chuckled with our reaction. Then they both held their arms to welcome Zach and I. Nag-unahan pa kami ni Zach papunta sa bisig ng mga magulang. This is what something that we ought to never changed. Because this way we knew that our love for each other will forever be intact. No matter how many storm will passed us.

I had already said it but I want to have the same love Mom and Dad has. One that never fades… no matter how the destiny forced it to leave. It stays… and became stronger. One that can stand many many storms. One that will stay forever. One that can sacrifice yet can wait no matter how long the time will pass.

My parents love for each other is what you also should dreamed of. Don’t ever settle for less, babe. Don’t ever settle for bare minimum. If someone can’t treat you at least like gentleman, discard. You don't really need a boy. Remember the difference between the two.

A man is a grown up, matured. A boy is not. A man can sacrifice for you. A boy won't. A man can do everything for you. A boy can never. A man can love you the way you deserve, but a boy will not.

Don't ever choose a boy over a man, babe.

But still, you should study first. Find your meant to be if you're financially and mentally ready. Make sure that when you entered a relationship you are ready. Don't hurt yourself or your partner. No one deserves to be in pain just because they love someone.

As for me… if he's not really for me… then why force the destiny?

I will just wait for my man.

Maybe, he’s just stuck in the traffic.

Ang tagal mo naman.

I chuckled. Crazy, Zephaniah.

A/N:
100+ readssss na! Yey! So happy!!!

Always remember that no matter how small the achievement you’ve got it’s still an achievement. :)

How are you so far, my dear readers? How's life? Are you still holding on? Continue holding on, love. :) Padayon! 💜