"It's okay, you're here now."

Jace leaned down to press his nose against omega's neck. He slowly ran his nose along the smaller one's scent gland increasing sandalwood scent around him. Noah purred with delight as the safe cocoon of sandalwood emerged. It was so warm. So safe.

But the moment didn't last long.

"Mama, you are awake!" A sequel echoed through the room, breaking the spell.

Before Azelia jumped on his mate, Jace caught her just in time.

"Oh, princess, what did I say about not disturbing mama?" Jace slightly scolded the pup. "He is injured, so you can't jump on him."

"Daddy, I'm sorry." Oh, no! The alpha girl had those big, watering eyes. Jace's weakness. "But mama,"

"It's okay, I'm fine."

Noah laughed at his husband's misery. He sat on the bed, taking now-awake Esmin in his arms, while Owen climbed on his lap. Aryan also didn't think twice about curling under his arms while Kayden and Levi checked on their mom to find out if there was any discomfort.

Jace let out a sigh before placing the little girl on Noah's lap.

"Be careful about mama's wound. It's not fully healed."

"Mom, how are you?"

Kayden asked as Noah slowly scented each pup.

"I'm okay now." Noah assured them with a bright smile.

Noah spent the whole morning with his pups and mate. He was still weak, and Jace didn't let him leave bed for the whole morning. Levi also backed up his father's decision, making Noah pout. But he secretly loved the chance to get pampered by all these alphas.

Whatever drug they had given him was nasty. Making him stay in bed all morning. After drinking Lena's medicine, Noah got some strength, but he knew that it would take some time to recover his full powers. But he couldn't stay in bed that long. He had more concerns to focus on.

"When is the meeting?"

Noah asked as Jace entered his bedroom with lunch. This suborn alpha refused to let him walk to the kitchen for a meal.

"What meeting?"

Jason asked innocently, placing a tray on the bedside table and taking the sweet bean and oat porridge that his mom sent so he could feed him. Of course, he was going to feed him.

Noah raised an eyebrow, sending a glare at alpha. Did he think this foolish act was going to fool him? Did he forget that they have been married for almost ten years? Oh, their tenth anniversary was coming soon. Wait, why he was sidetracking? Did he really lose that much blood?

"Okay. Okay."

Jace admitted defeat after feeding the first spoon. How had he forgotten he could never sneak around his husband? Why did he even try in the first place?

"So, when?"

Noah asked, stroking sleeping Esmin's hair. Except Esmin and the other pups had left to do their daily activities. But as usual, Esmin refused to leave his side, clinging to him. He only managed to put him to sleep after breastfeeding.

"Evening, 4 o'clock." Jace fed him another spoon. "Others had been sleepless the whole night, and there was a lot to arrange. So that time could be convenient for everyone."

"I can take some rest before going then."

Noah took another mouthful.

"Are you going?" Jace put the spoon in his mouth again.