01 Run Boy, Run

Heavy, Loud pounding awoke his senses as the world spun around him. He immediately noticed he was unable to breathe retching up an unnatural blue liquid from his lungs. His head pounded as He blinked to clear his eyes, he lifted his body up gaze clearing as large stone walls surrounded him was the first thing he noticed. He pulled himself to his feet, wracking his brain for any answers for where he was and why he was there, anything he could think of but his mind drew a blank.

Panic surged through him as he realized, he couldn't remember his own name. He noticed a bag of sorts next to where he stood, kneeling to sort through what was in it he found necessary supplies. Food, Bottles of water, a lighter with a torch attached to the side,  a sleeping pack rolled at the bottom, and other smaller things like a knife and a machete.

He zipped up the backpack putting it on flicking the lighter to the torch noticing after some time how dark it was though there seemed to be no sky he could find. no stars, no sun, no moon nothing; He held the torch up high to illuminate what he could, noticing the tall vines that crept up the semi-smooth walls around him. 

One step and an agonizing scream erupted from somewhere far off, echoing through the walls, it was shrill. like a man so scared it sounded like a woman. His body tensed the scream echoing through his head as he took careful steps leading towards the shout,  a crinkle of paper echoed under his foot large bold printing staring back up at him writing out ' THE CENTER ' he picked it up turning it over a map printed on the back, he was unsure where he stood on said map.

He pocketed it turning to continue his journey, down the dark twisted halls, fear creeping up the back of his neck like a beast was breathing down it. dry blood was splattered on the walls as he walked in the exploration of the maze, wracking his brain for any memory of why he was there, who he was, and where he was. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

As a new greenie came up in the loud metal bock, confused and horrified of where he was locked in, two boys from above helped get him out, unloading supplies " Where am I? " The boy questioned, " To Be honest, we don't know

As a new greenie came up in the loud metal bock, confused and horrified of where he was locked in, two boys from above helped get him out, unloading supplies " Where am I? " The boy questioned, " To Be honest, we don't know. We call it the glade. Not much is known. I'm Alby " a dark-skinned boy replied helping unload the supplies within the box " We know the outside of these walls are some sort of maze " An Asian boy replied "names Minho " he helped explain. " Why Don't I remember my name " he realized in a panicked tone. "You'll get it back soon. It's the one thing we can keep " Minho Replied. 

" Hey, New kid " Alby called holding up a sheet of paper "You know what this is about? It's Got a creepy shucking message " he handed it to the new kid. The boy looked at the paper confused " One Way Out? " he asked confused. " I have no idea- " His sentence cut short his brain buzzing a memory surfacing, a young boy's whisper echoing through his head 'There's only one way out, Newt. Find It ' the memory echoed in his mind. The boy paused " I don't- I think- I think my name is Newt "The boy mumbled. " well newt, Welcome to our home " Alby patted the boy on his back.

"Yeah.. "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The boy had fallen asleep, a soft comforting memory surfacing of a boy with an accent ringing through his mind ' Cmon, there is more than one way to answer the puzzle Y/N. you must have tried at least once' the boy's soft voice giggled. He has awoken abruptly from his dream screeching and metal scraping is what awoke him, he reached for his machete and looked around horrified at being abruptly awoken. 

A beast dropped from the ceiling, large. metal legs held it up with a fleshy body with dripping spit and a scorpion tail immediately jabbing at him. he let out a blood-curdling scream as the large needle grazed his side he swung his machete randomly at the beast nicking it in the face. a sob left his lips as he turned on his heel grabbing his backpack and grasping his side sobbing as he ran. The beast seemed to leave him alone after being hit as he slid into a small side hallway that the beast wasn't small enough to enter.

He doubled over in pain his body wracking with sobs as bile rose to his throat and he dry heaved from the black ooze that dropped from where the needle had slightly stung him. In the room he was in was a bed that looked too flimsy to be a real bed. a backpack filled with food, water, and medicinal supplied which he wrapped his side and the cuts on his body with. He dropped his head to the bed he lay upon afterward. sobbing himself to sleep from the stress and pain that consumed him.

' Silly Newtie, it's a puzzle it only has one way out ' his own childlike voice echoed in his mind as he drifted to sleep.

-AN/ this sadly had to be edited as I lost the last 600 words but here we go! chapter 1, please tell me any critiques that are needed!