7. Friend Zoned

"Charlie?" I gasp

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Charlie?" I gasp.

Charlie is somehow standing before me, his caramel eyes twinkling. He is wearing a rugged sherpa-lined brown leather bomber jacket, his tawny hair styled, and a surprisingly sexy mustache clipped neatly above his upper lip. 

What the—? How? Why? My face slackens as my brain scrambles to fix the pops and shocks of the short-circuit situation in my prefrontal cortex. 

"Merry Christmas!" he grins. His insanely adorable dimples pop in as he holds out a small gift wrapped in red, childlike wrapping paper. 

I take it, still stunned, and focus on Rudolph's garishly glowing nose. Finally, my senses regain function. I roll my eyes. Ridiculous Chicken Dance would pick Rudolph wrapping paper.

"Charlie! What the hell are you doing here?" I say, gesturing wildly with my hands, nearly sending the present flying.

"I came to see you, obviously."

"Obviously? You can't just show up here!" 

"But you didn't respond to any of my texts!" His eyebrows bow up apprehensively. "I figured we must have exchanged the wrong numbers. You probably were about to text me a thank you for the flowers I sent you, and I wouldn't have responded. Then you'd wonder why and text me something else, and then I wouldn't have responded to that either, and you'd feel like I ghosted you." He's expelled all the air in his lungs, so he gulps a big breath. "So you see, I couldn't let that happen."

"Charlie," I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I blocked you."

"You..." A crease forms on his forehead, like the idea just doesn't seem remotely plausible. "So, you didn't get any of my texts?"

Any? How many did he send me? I shake my head. I don't even want to know. 

"Nope. How'd you get my address?"

"Ren gave it to me, of course."

"Of course she did," I curse Ren under my breath. "And then you flew... all the way to Canada.... so I wouldn't think you ghosted me?"

"No, I drove."

My eyebrows nearly shoot off my head. "You drove!"

"I live just southeast of Niaga Falls now; you live like only forty minutes away. I can't believe it. It's fate! Isn't that great?"

Ohhhhhh Fuuuuuckkk. My mouth hangs wide open for a second as Charlie just stands there, happy as a clam.

My eyes flutter closed. "Great. Yeah, that's just great." 

"In or out! Just close the damn door. It's freezing in here!" A voice yells from inside. 

Charlie scratches his neck. "Hey, I know it's spur of the moment, but can I take you out for a drink?" 

Her Devil May Care जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें