I Remember Everything

The next few months was of Giyu looking through all the storage. He learned about all the hashira's deaths. Some were missing their haoris, which meant the body was never recovered or something else. At this point, he graduated and all of his friends were either enjoying their free time, at their job, or trying to get into college or university. Sanemi would stop by at the house whenever Giyu was there. He often brought lunch for both of them.

Today was one of those days, Giyu was writing down all the information he was learning, and Sanemi was setting up the table. "Are you going to continue doing that, or are you going to eat?" Sanemi asked, already taking a bite of ohagi.

"Mm." He let out instead of words, fully concentrated. 

"What am I going to do with you.." He sighed. "Have you heard? Obanai was planning to propose to Mitsuri."

"Mh........ WHAT! We just graduated months ago!" His head went straight up from looking down, a few pencils rolled off the table. 

Sanemi laughed at his reaction, "I guess he wasn't lying when he said he was going to marry her after graduation."

"Wow," Said a voice. Both of them slightly jumped. "Ara ara~, did I startle you?" 

"Eh-? When did you get here, Shinobu?" Giyu tried to calm himself down. 

"You invited me? My, you are so forgetful, Tomioka-san." She laughed. "So, this is what you told me about. That's a lot of notes, can I see?" 

Giyu pushed his findings to her, while Sanemi continued to glare at her. "How's Kanao been?"

"She's doing well, I'm actually surprised, she's more vocal now and doesn't use her coin anymore." 

"That is good." 

Sanemi moved to Giyu's side, he wanted to stay away from Shinobu. "Giyu, you still haven't checked your box. Why?" 

He sighed, "I'm scared to see what I'll see." 

"What is so scary about it?" 

Hesitating, he moved his hand through his hair, "I... can't explain it.." 

"Then I'll look through it for you." 

"WHAT? WAIT-" Sanemi took the knife off the table and cut the tape. Ripping the box open, he started to look through, he pulled out some photo albums, clothes, books, and some random items. "Sanemi..." 

"Let's start with looking through these photo albums." Sanemi suggested. 

"Ara ara~! Are we going to see some baby photos?" Shinobu giggled. She was right. The first twenty pages were filled with him as a young child. "Ha! Look at that one!" She pointed to a very young smiling Tomioka. They finished the first album and moved to the next. This one was titled: Slayer Training. Automatically, they saw a change in emotion in his photos. He looked sad and terrified. 

"Looks like you went through some shit in your past life, Giyu." Sanemi commented. Just as he slipped to the next page, Shinobu's and Giyu's stomach sank. 

"Goodness.. is that?-" She gasped. 

"Sabito.. yeah.." He felt tears form as he tried to look away. "Put away the book Sanemi.."

"Giyu.." 

"PUT IT AWAY! PLEASE!" As soon as he yelled, he cupped his hand over his mouth. The other two sat there, eyes wide open. Never had he yelled like that. Right then and there, he started to remember his past life's memories. He remembered everything. Moving his left hand he tried to feel for his arm to see if it was there. "Shit.." This time the unwanted tears fell without warning. "I'm sorry." Stranding straight up, he walked away to the bathroom.