𝗔𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 (𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗮𝗿𝗺 & 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗠𝗲 𝗨𝗽)

Start from the beginning

Grace smiled. "Cramps? Why didn't you tell me or Mark? We're worried about you. You're not alone," she told her.

Bella sighed. "I know how excited Mark is for the baby. And if I tell him there's something wrong, he'll worry," she said.

"Honey he's going to worry anyway. He is worried about you," Grace said as she took her hand. "Talk to him. Okay?"

****

There had been a collage shooting. Bella thought back to the shooting that had happened at the hospital. Hearing how her best friend pleaded with the shooter to kill her instead of

Everything came flooding back to Bella. And she hated it.

She was stood outside with Mark when the chief came out. Owen with him. "There are fifteen ambulances on the way. Maybe more to come. First one is three minutes out," Owen told them.

Webber got the attention of everyone. "People... people. Our own trauma is fresh. And we are going to have feelings today. And there is no shame in that. What I want to say is, what we went through six months ago, they are going through right now. Which makes them our brothers and sisters. Which makes them fellow travellers. Which makes them our own. So to the very best of our ability we are gonna do our work first. And you're gonna have your feelings later," he told them.

Bella was crying behind Mark. He turned to her. "Bella."

"I'm fine. I'm okay."

Mark knew she wasn't okay. He wasn't stupid. He looked to her. "Go to the pit. Make sure we're stocked call the blood bank..."

"I said I'm fine Mark," Bella told him. But she wasn't fine. All she could think about was what had happened six months ago.

Mark sighed. "Call the blood bank. Tell them to give us all the O neg they have," he told her.

Bella just turned and walked off. Grace looked to Mark. "Do you think she's gonna be okay?" She asked.

Mark sighed. He shook his head. "Did you talk to her?"

Grace nodded. "Yeah. She's been having cramps. But she's scared to tell you because you're so excited for the baby."

Mark frowned. "I only want her to be okay. She's important too. Not just the baby," he said.

"I know. It's gonna be okay."

****

Mark was in the OR when Owen walked in. He grabbed the surgical stapler and stapled an injury shut. "Oh. What the hell?" Mark said.

"Sloan, move on."

Mark glared to Owen. He was sick of Owen and how he acted like he was in charge. "I'm gonna kick your ass," he told him.

Owen rolled his eyes. "Kick it later. We've got a kid in three with a G.S.W. to the shoulder, and we need this space for incoming," he said.

Mark nodded. "Fine, but my name's not going on this chart. That's a hack job you did."

Bella walked over. "Somebody get Dr. Nelson here. Now!" She called.

Mark turned to Owen. "I'll get Shepherd. You get bed three," he told him as he walked over to Bella.

"Mm-hmm. Clean it and wrap it."

"Right away, doctor."

Mark walked over to Bella. She looked to him. "She's got an intracranial hemorrhage. Uh, her pupil just blew. She needs burr holes and a ... and a trauma flap. We gotta evacuate that clot," she said. She was panicking and Mark could tell.