Chapter 2: Colt the Cobra

"Colt the Cobra," said the sherriff as I turned and looked at him. He had a dual weird holster with 2 double action revolvers. He also had a gold plated shotgun with a rough leather handle carved with a wolf silhouette over a waxed cotton unbuttoned jacket. Topped.off with a brown cowboy hat, some stubble, blue jeans, and black cowboy boots with silver wranglers. "Morning, mister, can you give me some tips on this bounty?" I asked with a deep scratchy accent as I pointed to the poster. He stared at me for a second as he thought and then spoke. "Let's see, Colt the Cobra, now this son of a bitch, why he's wanted?, this coward burnt down the old sherriff office and killed the deputy. He just admires Sam Bass and Frank Canton a little too much. The gunslinger ran off to the forest instantly after. It's hard for us to find him as no bounty hunters hang around these parts, and we only have 10 lawmen, including myself. If you could find him, we'll pay you what's on the poster, " said the Sherriff as he walked back into his office. I looked at the poster and gazed at the reward. 75 dollars alive, it said. I'm a professional bounty hunter, This bountys easy. I headed off into the forest, and started riding up the path but headed a different direction. Instead of heading straight, I headed right. In the corner of my eye, downhill, I saw tents and a campfire for a split second. I thought I would check it out later. A few minutes later. I stopped and noticed I was at a small cliff with a river going through it. I got off my horse and felt as if someone was watching me. My whole body turned as I pulled out my dirty Schofield revolver and pointed it at the guy I was looking for, Colt the Cobra. "Put the weapon down, AND GIVE ME YOUR LOOT!" He shouted as he held his double barrel shotgun with his hairy hands. His gritty rat faced smiled as his brown teeth were sticking out with only half of them left. "So it's a stalemate then......you put your weapon down, coward," I said a couple seconds before I blasted him in the foot. As I shot, crows dashed out of the trees. He dropped his weapon and fell to the ground, shouting in pain while holding his foot. "You're getting strung up tomorrow," I whispered as I got my lasso out.

Editors note:

I hope everyone is having an amazing day, and if you are not, then maybe this chapter might cheer you up. Feel free to comment honest feedback to help support this story and any future stories. The question for this chapter is, which chapter out of the first 2 do you like more?