Chapter 1: The lone wolf

I rode to the sunrise, hoping this town I've never heard of exists. Riding on my old chestnut horse, I've always been riding with for years. If I had a coin for every time we'd go on a bounty together, I'd be able to buy this town. The ray of sun beamed through the trees as my boots went up and down for a while. I had to reach this town and hope anyone was wanted around the area with a big price on their head. I didn't want to waste my time if anyone was worth 50 dollars or less. I'm a skilled bounty hunter. I'd been doing these bountys since I was 16. Arrested and killed outlaws for 15 years now. This bounty wouldn't come close to The Farmers Of Blackberry Point back in north-western Texas. Or the notorious Bandit King when I was in Arkansas. I thought this bounty would be 100s of times easier. The trees swept past me as my horse trotted down a steep path leading out of the forest and into the Plains. After a few minutes of the hilly Plains and I made it to the town. This town had a wide main street, lots of trees considering it was in the plains. I twisted my head around and saw the forest that I came from. It was up high and a while away now. I turned back to see a wooden church, barn, saloon, hotel, and houses. But I noticed that on the other side of the town was something different. The Sherriffs office was made out of stone other than everything else made out of wood. I assumed this was to keep criminals in. I stepped off my horse onto the muddy, wet, sticky floor and hitched my horse onto a post. I walked up through the sad main street. People were working their tired arms off, making weapons, disposing animal droppings, feeding them, and cleaning up the hotel deck. I stopped as I got to the bounty wall. There was only 1 bounty on the wall, 1 troublemaker stirring up the area.

Editors note:

Hi guys, I got this idea of putting an editors note from finnwilson2087 who makes good stories as well. So my chapters are very short, but as my first story, it's only a short story. (On paper, I use to write stories that took up an entire exercise book), but they weren't good. You know what they say, quality over quantity am I right, or am I wrong?
Comment if quality is over quantity or not.
(Got the idea of a question from finnwilson2087 as well)