Chapter 275

March 2019
**YOUR POV**
Harry and I spent a lovely evening together, settled on the comfortable couch, having dinner and watching some series on tv. He seemed fine the rest of the evening what was probably because of the medicine he took for the pain, but I still felt like he was hiding his pain a little. Especially when I watched him getting ready for bed. It took him way longer to shower and get changed than usually. I could tell by looking at the way he walked around, limping at times that it had to hurt him a lot still.

I didn't ask him about it though and hoped it would ease a bit during the night.

As Harry laid down in bed, I quickly got out again, going downstairs to the kitchen and returned a few minutes later with a heating pad in my hands, making my way back in bed where Harry had his eyes closed, laying on his side, but I could tell he wasn't asleep yet. He had a pillow placed between his legs most probably to make him feel more comfortable laying down.

I placed my hand on his upper arm to make him open his eyes again. „Here, for you. For during the night." I handed him the heating pad which he gladly took with a small smile before he furrowed his brows again.

„Thank you." He said tiredly, placing it on his back, his eyes closing again. He was very tense and he seemed tired, I could tell.

I scooted a little closer, sitting up a bit more and reached out to soothingly run my hand through his soft hair and leaned down to kiss his temple.

„It'll be better tomorrow, baby." I whispered and kissed him again softly.

„Hope so. It's okay if I just don't move." He whispered back.

„I'm here if you need anything. Just wake me up. Try to get some sleep now, lovie." I said and continued running my hand through his soft curls until I knew he fell asleep.

I kissed the top of his head one last time and slowly scooted back to my side of the bed, watching him for another minute before I reached to my bedside lamp to turn it off and went to sleep myself.

At some point during the night, I woke up again to the bed shifting a bit. Turned out I became a pretty light sleeper during tour.
I opend my eyes, hearing some heavy breaths coming from Harry on the ther side of the bad, along with some whimpers. I sat up and turned to my right, seeing him sat at the edge of the bed, his back facing me.

„Haz? Everything okay?" I asked him just as he stood up, stumbling a little while doing so. „Careful, baby." I said when he caught himself, one hand placed on his back.

„Can't really sleep. I'll be downstairs, watching tv or something." He told me quietly.

„Do you need anything?" I asked, about to get up.

„No, no, I'm fine. Stay in bed and get some sleep. Don't worry about me." He assured me.

„Okay then." I nodded. „Be careful on the stairs." I reminded him.

He nodded and left, making his way downstairs to the living room.

I attempted to get back to sleep , but after a while of trying, I gave up. I couldn't sleep, knowing Harry was struggling with his back and couldn't sleep at all. I felt even more bad when I looked at my phone to see it was only just 1am, meaning Harry got just about two hours of sleep and already couldn't bare laying in bed anymore and wasn't able to sleep.

I got out of bed and quietly made my way downstairs, seeing him slowly walking back and forth through the living room, rounding the couch where he eventually came to a halt, resting upon the back rest of the couch with his hands and his arms stretched, his head down, trying to kind of relieve his back a little.

I approached him, placing my hand on his upper back, rubbing my thumb over his warm skin.

„Is the pain getting worse?" I asked him quietly as not to startle him.

„Yeah..." He nodded with a sigh. „Don't know what to do anymore..." He admitted, his voice so fragile and hurt it made my heart hurt. „It's never like this. The only thing that helps a little is walking, but I'm so fucking tired." He rubbed his face, almost letting out a sob.

„I understand that, baby. I'm sorry." I said silently, running my hand down his arm. „Look I know you don't want that, but maybe we should call your Doctor. You know she is always on call at night, honey I hate to see you like this."

„No, I don't wanna call her, Y/n. I really don't." He shook his head slowly.

„Harry you can't move without hurting, you can't sleep..." I sighed as I noticed the way he kept massaging his right leg and shaking it out every now and then. „And what's wrong with your leg, H?"

„Nothing, Y/n." He started to walk away when it looked like his leg was giving in for a second and he almost fell, but caught himself just in time by holding onto the back of the couch.

„Babe!" I jumped at the scene and went to his side, holding him steady by his arm. „Now tell me what the hell is wrong, because I sure don't like this."

He sighed before he finally started talking. „I don't know...my leg has been tingling all night and sometimes, it's kind of numb." He said hesitantly.

„That's it, I'm calling your Doctor." I said immediately and went to grab my phone that I left in the hallway.

„Y/n no! Don't...please!" He called after me.

„Harry are you serious?! Your leg is tingling and going numb, that is serious! Something is clearly not right. Stop being so stubborn about it, I'm worried about you! Look at you, you're not okay!" I told him, hoping he'd finally come to his senses. „It doesn't have to be something serious, but what if it is? You got elbowed in your back and that pretty hard. In a back you have some serious history with, so there's no joking around with this. I don't want you fucking paralyzed or something. Let me make that damn call, H."

He didn't say anything to that for a second, a bit speechless at my sudden outburst that he clearly needed to see how serious the situation was.

„You're right...I'm just scared, Y/n..." He then said quietly and I approached him, cupping his cheek. „It has never been like this before."

„Baby, I know you are, but he'll come over and help. You don't have to go anywhere. It doesn't have to be serious, but it's better to check than do nothing about it." I ran my hand through his hair before I guided him around the corner of the couch to sit down.

„Yeah...I know."

„That's why you struggled getting out of bed too, huh?"

He nodded. „Couldn't bare laying in bed anymore."

„Oh, Haz, baby." I sighed before I went to kiss his lips and sat down on the opposite of him, typing the number of Harry's Doctor in my phone and made it ring.

She quickly answered her phone and I explained to her everything that happened today and the symptoms Harry was experiencing right now.

„She'll be here in half an hour." I informed Harry after I hung up. „She said we shouldn't worry too much right now." I told him. „She's bringing some ultrasound equipment to take a look."

„Okay...thank you, Y/n." He nodded. „And I'm sorry for not listening."

„That's okay, baby. You're scared, in pain and tired, I understand." I assured him, sitting closer to him to slide my hand in his and give it a gentle squeeze.