Chapter 206

**HARRYS POV**
My mum and Gemma were obviously as devastated about the news as we were, but they made sure Y/n felt as supported, loved and taken care of as never before. She was so loved by all of us what made the situation even harder for everyone.
They were of course more than understanding when Y/n told them she wanted to call her mum.

As soon as we got home from the hospital, I walked her upstairs back into bed as she still needed to rest from the transplant and so that she could call her mother in peace.

„Okay then, I'll give you some space, I'll be downstairs if you need me." I told her on my way out of the room.

„Harry wait." She called so I turned back around. „Could you please stay...and just be here when I call her? Please? For some moral support?"

„Of course, yeah." I nodded and went back, placing myself next to her on the bed.

She scooted closer to me so that she was leaning with her back against my chest and I wrapped my arms around her to keep her close.

„Thank you." She said quietly before she grabbed her phone and dialed her mother's number.

„No need to, love." I said, softly kissing her shoulder.

„I hope she didn't change her number." Y/n said. „Fuck I'm so nervous." She breathed. „What if she hangs up? Or just won't care anyways?"

„Love, it's gonna be alright. You'll only find out if you call and if you sense that she doesn't wanna talk or something, you don't have to tell her anything. Try and see and then decide if you really wanna do it. Either way, everything will be alright, I promise."

She nodded. „Okay...let's do this." She started the call, putting it on speaker. She looked for my hand with one of hers and slid it in mine.

The phone ran a few times when finally she picked up. „Hello?"

„Hey...mum...it's Y/n..." She said hesitantly.

There was a short pause and Y/n gripped tighter onto my hand. „Y/n! Hi, I uh...sorry, I didn't expect you to call...I'm a bit surprised." Her mother sounded friendly and also happy that Y/n called. She sounded different than the last time I heard from her. She sounded nice snd friendly, but I could also sense some regret in her voice.

„I know it's kind of out of the blue and...I know we haven't talked in a long time and it's probably all a bit weird, but...it's been a long time and I just...wanted to call and see how you were. So...how are you?" Y/n asked her.

„I've been doing okay, thanks." She answered. „Listen Y/n, I've actually wanted to contact you for a long time, maybe about a year to explain some things, but I just...I thought you wouldn't wanna talk to me, so I didn't dare to and now that you did...it's a big relief." Her mother explained and I could tell Y/n was just as relieved as she let out a deep breath. „I uhm...I saw some videos of the last show you did and heard the news about your health...are you okay now? Are you doing better?"

„Actually, that's the main reason I called you..." Y/n sighed. „I just got back from the hospital where they told me that the cancer is back and uhm...it looks pretty bad and I don't know...I wanted you to know...I guess I just needed to talk to my mother." She finally said.

„Oh my, Y/n I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say...I- is it alright if I come by see you?" Her mother asked which made Y/n cry immediately.

„I'd love that, but I'm not in London right now. I'm in LA." She said, her voice trembling.

„I'll fly out to LA then."

„Wha- you don't have to do that, mum."

„I do. I have to. You're my daughter and I haven't been there for most of your life. I messed up I know that, but there are still some things I'd like to explain to you. Is it okay if I fly out to see you?" Her mother asked.

„Yeah...it is." Y/n nodded, tears rolling down her cheeks.

„I'll come as soon as possible, I'll probably be there by Thursday." She said.

„Okay that's fine...thank you." Y/n sniffled. „See you then."

„See you then, Y/n. Thank you for calling." She said. „Oh and something I wanted to tell you for a long time...I'm really proud of you, honey. You did good in life. You've come so far and you did it all by yourself. Watching you succeed in everything you do is amazing...even from afar."

Y/n choked back some sobs as she listened to her mother say all those things, more tears falling. „Thank you...that means a lot...really."

„You deserve it. Alright see you on Thursday." She said. „And greet Harry for me please."

I smiled at that as I couldn't believe she remembered me.

„I will. Bye, mum." Y/n nodded and hung up.

She turned around and fell straight into my arms, hugging me tight. „I can't believe that actually happened." She cried. „She wants to see me...and she's flying out..."

„I'm really happy for you, my love. I'm glad you called her. You'll finally be able to talk everything out." I rubbed her back soothingly.

„Yeah..." She nodded against my chest. „She said she watched me throughout all those years...I can't believe it...She said she's proud, do you think she really means that?"

„I do, yes. You're her daughter after all, sweetie." I told her. „I really think she's changed, or at least something has. She sounds different."

„She does somehow, yeah. I still wanna know why she did what she did though."

„She said herself she wanted to explain some things. You'll get to know the reason soon. I'm sure she'll explain everything." I said.

„I hope so, yeah." She nodded. „She even remembered you, H." Y/n let go of me and smiled a tiny bit.

„Was as surprised as you are." I smiled back. „Listen, no matter what happens on Thursday, you're so loved. So so loved and you do have a family that loves you more than anything, alright?" I locked eyes with her to make sure she'd listen and understand.

„I know. The best family there is." She nodded again. „Thank you, Harry."

„I love you so much, my love." I pulled her in my arms again after I kissed her soft lips.

„Love you too."