Chapter 208

**HARRYS POV**
As I got into the driver's seat after settling Y/n in in the back, I was finally able to take a breath and realized that maybe carrying more than I was supposed to wasn't such a good idea as I noticed my incision site starting to hurt again.

Fuck no. I thought, hoping I didn't mess up the incision. I lifted my shirt to take a look, but didn't notice anything concerning so I hoped it was alright.

„Harry, what's wrong?" I heard Y/n's silent voice from behind as she leaned over the seat a little.

„Nothing, lay down, sweetie."

„H, are you in pain? I told you you shouldn't hav-." She said, but I stopped her.

„Hey, lovie, I'm fine. Really. Lay back down, I'll drive us home now." I assured her.

She nodded and did what I said, laying down, her head rested on a pillow we brought and wrapped in a blanket.
I drove off through the crowd of paps, hoping they didn't get any pictures they could use to put out into the world.

As soon as we got home, I made her go to bed and rest. She fell asleep almost as soon as she laid down, so Inwent downstairs to where Gemma was sitting in the living room and placed myself next to her.

„How is she doing?" She asked me, putting her phone down.

„Worse than last time. It's really taking her out." I sighed, holding onto my stomach again as it still hurt. „Mum brought her some tea upstairs, but I don't think she's thirsty. She's really nauseous."

„I hate that she has to go through this. It's all so messed up." Gemma sighed.

„Don't get me started, I'm barely keeping it together." I changed position, hoping it would make it hurt less.

„What's up with you, H? You look like you're in pain." She joked around.

„That's because I am." I admitted.

„What? Why?" Gemma frowned.

„When we exited the hospital, there were paps and I didn't want anyone to get pictures of her, so I carried her to the car." I explained.

„Fuck those damn paps." She shook her head in disbelief. „But, H, you're not supposed to lift anything heavy yet."

„I know, but I had no other choice. I didn't think I'd feel it, but apparently I do and the incision really hurts now."

„Let me take a look." She moved closer, so I pulled my shirt up and let her see.

„I checked and it looked alright, what do you think?"

„I think it looks okay too. It was probably just too much too quickly." She told me. „Do you wanna see a doctor?"

„No I think it'll be alright. Was just scared it was bleeding or something." I shook my head.

„Okay then. You need to take it easy, Harry. I know you're recovering fast, but still, don't overdo it."

„Yeah I know." I rubbed my face, laying back against the backrest of the couch.

„You need to be strong enough for the Dunkirk shoot." She smiled a little.

„Yeah about that..." I looked over at her. „I don't know if I can do the shoot."

„What? Harry, why?" She frowned.

„With everything that's going on, Y/n undergoing this even more intense treatment. I can't be this selfish and leave to shoot a movie."

„Harry no..." She tilted her head. „The shoot is in LA and it'll only be two months. You're able to come home most of the time. You can't just throw this away, you've worked so hard for this and I don't think Y/n would want you to give this up either."

„I guess...but I don't know...I need to think about it." I sighed.

„Do that, but please don't give up your dreams You've worked hard for this."

I nodded, staring into nothingness.

„So...Mary is coming on Thursday..." Gemma changed the subject. „I think the last time I saw her mother was when I was 14 or something."

„Yeah it's been a while, but I'm glad they get a chance to talk. She seemed different on the phone. Not like I got to know her. I mean she's flying out to LA for her."

„That's really nice of her. I hope Y/n gets the peace she deserves for this whole family thing." She said.

„Yeah, me too." I nodded.

I went back upstairs a while later to check on Y/n. When I peaked around the corner and saw she was awake, typing around on her phone, she looked up and smiled a little.

I smiled back, making my way towards her. „How are you feeling, love?" I sat down at the edge of the bed and pressed my lips on hers.

„I'm okay. Better than earlier." She assured me.

„Good, I'm glad." I brushed her hair out of her face. „Do you need anything? Hungry?"

„No thanks, I'm fine." She shook her head. „Harry listen...I overheard your conversation with Gem earlier...about the Dunkirk shoot." She started. „She's right, Haz. Don't throw this away because of me. This is your dream and I don't wanna be the reason your dream won't come true. I love you way too much to let that happen."

„I feel selfish for leaving you like that. I don't wanna be away from you while you go through this." I told her.

„You're not selfish, Harry. You're the least selfish person I know." She smiled, slipping her hand in mine. „It's just two months. We've been apart longer and you'll even be able to come home sometimes. Don't give this up, H. This is the start of something incredible for you and I want you to do it. Besides, I won't be alone anyways. I've got Anne and Gem. I'll be fine."

I nodded slwoly. „I'm just scared, Y/n..."

„Scared of what, honey?"

„Two months may seem a short time, but...just not now." My voice was trembling even though I didn't want it to. „I don't wanna lose time with you, no matter if it's just a day, let alone two months. So much can happen..." I admitted.

She cupped my cheek almost immediately. „Harry, baby, I'm not going anywhere. Nothing is gonna happen, I'll be okay. You told me to fight and I will. I wanna live and spend the rest of my life with you. I'm not gonna give up. I'll kick cancer's ass, I promise." She told me, making my eyes teary. „You're gonna go and shoot that movie. I want you to do it and it's gonna be great. I want you to be happy, Haz."

„Okay. I'll do it...for you." I told her. „But if the tiniest thing is wrong with you, I'll come straight back home."

„Whatever you say, babe." She smiled.

„I love you so much, angel." I kissed her soft lips again.

„And I love you."