Chapter 207

**HARRYS POV**
It was the next day and today, Y/n would have her first chemo again after the surgery, this time a much more intense one as the cancer was aggressive.
She was obviously scared of the side effects especially because she never got a chemo this intense.

„Haz?" She asked for me as she came out of the bathroom and back into our bedroom.

„Yes, love?" I looked up just as I finished buttoning my shirt.

„I made some research and saw something for cancer patients that wanna keep their hair during chemo...it's like a cooling cap they put on during chemo that will prevent the hair loss." She explained to me. „Can I try that? I really don't wanna lose any more hair and if there's a chance to keep it, I wanna try it."

„Baby, of course you can try that. You don't have to ask for that." I pulled her closer to me by her waist and kissed her lips. „I want you to be as comfortable as possible and I understand that you don't wanna lose your hair. We can ask for it when we're there, love." I assured her.

„That would be great. Thanks, H." She hugged me tight. „My god, you smell so good." She breathed in my scent and I chuckled at that.

„Thanks, baby." I rubbed her back and let her go, but she just kept hugging me even tighter.

„I don't wanna go, Harry. I'm scared."

„I know, angel. I'm sorry you have to go, but that's what's gonna help you destroy the cancer. I'll be there with you the whole time." I tried to make her feel better about it which was obviously hard and not really working.

„It's gonna be some more hours this time, you don't have to stay through all of it." She told me.

„I won't leave you alone, Y/n. I'll stay til the end and take you straight home afterwards." I kept rubbing circles on her back. „You'll be alright soon, my love."

She nodded against my chest. „I hope so."

*

Not long later we were back at the hospital and Y/n was hooked up on the treatment. We both had to wear masks for her safety while getting the treatment. She held tight onto my hand as I sat close next to her and I could tell she was tense. More than usual while getting the chemo.

„Love, try to relax your muscles a bit so you'll be more comfortable." I rubbed her arm soothingly.

„I'm just really scared." She breathed.

„I know you are, but try not to focus on the chemo, just look at me, focus on me. You're okay, sweetie." I made her turn to look straight into my eyes.

„Okay...distract me with something...please. Tell me about your plans for your debut album. I wanna know everything."

„Alright, uhm, I have a meeting about it in a few days again, but Sign of the Times will be out very soon, in four weeks max. On Friday, some sort of trailer we shot will come out that'll tease the single. I personally would like the album to be out in a month or two. I really hope it'll work out as I want it."

„That sounds amazing, baby. I can't wait for the world to listen to it. Everything will work out just as you want it, I'm sure, H." She smiled at me a little.

„Yeah, that would be amazing." I nodded.

„Do you...miss the guys sometimes?" She asked me carefully.

„I mean...yeah, sometimes more and sometimes less. I miss the time we spent together on stage sometimes. It's probably gonna be weird standing on stage all by myself." I told her honestly.

„I can imagine. You've performed as a group for so long. You'll get used to it though. Having the stage all for yourself feels amazing too and knowing you, being the showman you are, you're absolutely gonna love it." She smiled again.

„It will probably take some time to get used to it, yeah, but I'm really excited for what's to come. I loved the time in 1D, but I'm excited to make new experiences."

„I'm so proud of you, Harry. Watching you grow into who you are is just beautiful." She said silently.

„Thank you, my love." I could tell she started to feel the side effects of the chemo already as she wasn't paying attention to everything anymore and her talking became a little slower.
I sat even closer to her, making her rest her head against my chest. Her eyes were closed and she was concentrating on breathing.

„I'm so cold." She whispered, her body shivering.

I instantly grabbed the blanket the nurse placed nearby and covered her with it. „Here, that'll help a little."

„Thanks." She pulled it up to her neck. „Everything hurts, Harry."

„I'm sorry, baby." I continued to rub her back. „It'll go away soon."

It hurt me having to see her like this, in pain and suffering from all those horrible side effects and I knew it would only get worse from now on. The hours seemed to never end.
When the treatment was finally over, Y/n felt absolutely awful. She was completely drained and lost all her energy. I wheeled her to the exit of the hospital in a wheelchair as she just couldn't keep herself upright for too long.

„I feel so nauseous." Y/n said quietly, her voice a little raspy.

„I'll get you home now, sweetie so you can rest." I told her, helping her out of the wheelchair when we stood in front of the door.
As soon as I had her up though and looked outside, there were several paparazzi gathered around the parking area. „Fucking hell no...Not fucking now." I whispered to myself, thinking of what to do.

„What's happening?" Y/n asked silently, leaning against me for support.

„Some paparazzi are out there. I don't want them taking advantage of this situation by taking pics of you." I told her.

„Harry, I honestly don't really care right now." She breathed. „I just wanna go home, that's all I wanna do. Please, Harry." She pleaded.

I sighed. „Alright, I'll pick you up. Hide your face in my shoulder so they can't see you, okay?"

„Harry you're not allowed to lift more than 30 pounds yet." She shook her head no.

„Don't worry. I can do it, love. The car is just out there, it will be quick." I assured her. „Don't worry about me. Let's just get you home."

She nodded slowly and I picked her up so she'd wrap her legs around my body and her arms around my neck, her face pressed against my chest.
I held her close to my body, as close as I could and made sure her face was covered before I eventually made my way outside. I moved quickly as I saw the cameras flashing from all sides.
The car wasn't parked far away, luckily, so it didn't take long to get there and help Y/n inside the back where she could lay down.