6 - 𝔽𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤

It's getting closer to 2:00 A.M. when Saifa finally leaves the stage under the crowd's applause. He's tired but content as he puts his guitar down. He stretches, wiping the sweat away from his forehead. He feels thirsty, so he makes his way to the bar where Aiman Saleh, the barman and his friend, is working.

He has known Aiman for quite some time now. Since Saifa does most of his gigs at the pub where the Werewolf worked part-time. The place is nice, almost homely, with its dark wood and cushion chairs. It still manages to look chic, though, with gentle fairy lights above the bar and black and green furniture. Plus, the pub is close to Altala's centre, successfully attracting many people almost every night.

Saifa smiles at Aiman as he settles on one of the stools, absentmindedly thrumming some unknown tempo over the surface with his fingers.

"Hey, Mockinjay! What would you like to drink tonight?" The Werewolf asks him once he has served the client before Saifa. He smiles.

"Can you get me water first, please? I'll take a pint after that."

"Right away!"

Saifa looks around. The crowd has scattered, and most people have left now. It's getting really late, and it's yet to be the weekend. He smiles to himself. It was a good night and a good show. The crowd had been great, pulsing with energy and pushing Saifa to give his best, using all in his power to give his best performance. Needless to say, one of the few magical things he could do was to sing as well as a mermaid, which explained why he was so popular. That and his handsome face.

He smirks to himself before his mind wanders back to earlier in the evening when he had stopped by the local store a few streets away from the pub. He swiftly turns to Aiman, busy taking the order of a new client before sliding Saifa's glass of water towards him. He takes it after thanking his friend. He gulps it down quickly, but his eyes are still on Aiman. He is thinking. He remembers seeing Aiman with a girl who always hangs out with Theoden's boyfriend, the one who works at the store — he really should've asked his name, he deeply regrets not knowing the Tiefling's name.

"Hey, Saleh," Saifa calls him, the Werewolf turning around and walking in his direction.

"What's up? You want your pint?"

"Yes, but I actually have another question."

Aiman glances at Saifa briefly as he grabs a beer glass. "What is it?"

"Who's the blonde girl you're always with on campus?" He asks. He doesn't expect Aiman's sudden suspicious glare, the doubtfulness marking the brown of his skin with darker shadows.

"She's my girlfriend," he states, pushing Saifa's pint in front of him, "Her name's Anouk."

Saifa nods, taking a sip of the golden liquid. He hums softly at the pleasant taste, putting his glass down.

"Do you know the Tiefling she always hangs out with? I think they share classes."

This time, Aiman relaxes, a small smile grazing his lips and illuminating the darkness of his face.

"Yeah, that's Peter Spinster. They're roommates. And best friends."

Peter... The name turns for a moment inside Saifa's mind. He likes it. It's a sweet name.

"So, you know him?" He inquires, leaning a little further over the counter. Aiman nods.

"We're friends," he explains, "I didn't have a choice if I wanted to be with Anouk, really," he adds with a chuckle, but there's no bitterness in his words. He seems to genuinely like Peter. "He's a nice guy, real smart too."