During first break

Senamile was sitting alone eating her lunch and Siyamthanda was watching her from a distance. His mind told him to go and ask her out but at the same time Siyamthanda was afraid of rejection. Mxolisi saw Siyamthanda peeping on Senamile and he came behind his back.

[Siyamthanda gasped]

"Why don't you go and talk to her?" Mxolisi asked. Siyamthanda stuttered, "who...are you talking...about?"

Mxolisi pointed at Senamile and Siyamthanda was scared. "You definitely need someone to push you to go to her," Mxolisi said. Siyamthanda was sweating and also shaking at the same time. 

[Siyamthanda breathed sharply]

He looked at Mxolisi and shacked his hands. Siyamthanda had a courage to go to Senamile. Mxolisi saw some girls looking at him and he thought that they are whispering about him. Zweli came, he was smiling.

"Mxolisi are you doing good?" Zweli asked.

"Yep I am doing good you?" Mxolisi responded.

Zweli asked because yesterday they were eating together and today they are not, he felt like Mxolisi was using him. He did not have the conclusion though and said, "I'm good...I see today you have your lunch." Mxolisi replied, "yes thanks man for yesterday, do I have repay you?" Zweli thought of something silly then he nod his head agreeing.

"I know you respect women, your culture and because you are a Zulu but if you want to repay me then this is the price. Going to watch net..." Mxolisi interrupted him, "no man, you know I respect my culture and that is just against it."

"So your culture says you must not look at girls?" Zweli asked. 

Mxolisi realized that Zweli is being silly but because he had to repay him, he agreed to Zweli's plan and they went to the netball court to watch. Siyamthanda wanted to ask Senamile to be his partner on Friday. "Hey," Syamthanda greeted. 

[Indistinct conversation]

Senamile replied, "hey Siyamthanda." Senamile acted as if everything was alright, as if she was not embarrassed. "You look great today," Siyamthanda complimented her.

"Thanks," she appreciated. Siyamthanda did not know how to ask her and he kept on looking away. "Um...you know...uh," Siyamthanda stuttered. Senamile looked at him and she hoped that he will finish his sentence but he did not. Siyamthanda kept quiet after he said that. "You haven't said a word," she said. Siyamthanda  scratched his head and licked his lips. Senamile packed her lunch, stood up and turned away from Siyamthanda. She wanted to leave because Siyamthanda was wasted her time.

"I would like...you to be my partner on...Friday," Siyamthanda stuttered. Senamile turned her back and looked at him. 

[Senamile cleared throat]"Sorry I'm not going on Friday."

Siyamthanda nodded his head agreeing sarcastically. "Fine then that means I won't go also," said Siyamthanda.

[Senamile sighed]

"Just go and ask someone else not me, I'm not interested in Friday's event. Not because I don't want to go with you but it's because I'm not interested," Senamile convinced Siyamthanda to look for someone. Siyamthanda was disappointed in himself and thought that maybe the problem was him. Senamile left him alone standing. Senamile turned and looked at Siyamthanda as she was walking away from him. She actually felt pity for him. Zweli and Mxolisi were in the netball court watching, Mxolisi couldn't get his eyes off Thando and Zweli noticed it.