Chapter 7: Hog's Head

As Harry lay nestled in Draco's arms, the weight of the day's events pressed heavily upon him. The warmth of Draco's embrace provided a temporary respite from the turmoil that churned within his mind. Yet, beneath the cloak of darkness, Harry's thoughts strayed to the unspoken secrets that threatened to unravel their fragile bond.

Draco's steady breathing beside him offered a semblance of peace, but Harry's conscience gnawed at him relentlessly. How could he keep secrets from Draco, especially now, when their connection had deepened beyond mere physical attraction?

The memory of Hermione's suggestion resurfaced in Harry's mind like an echo from the past. She had proposed the idea of Harry teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons to their fellow students—a chance for Harry to share his knowledge and empower his peers in the face of growing adversity.

The thought had lingered, tantalising in its potential, but Harry had dismissed it, consumed by the immediacy of his own struggles. Now, as he lay entwined with Draco, the idea took root once more, a flicker of determination amidst the shadows of uncertainty.

The following morning, Harry sought out Hermione with a newfound resolve. "Hermione, about those Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons... I want to do it."

Hermione's eyes widened in surprise, her lips parting in astonishment. "Harry, are you sure? It could be dangerous, especially with Umbridge tightening her grip on Hogwarts."

Harry nodded, his gaze unwavering. "I know the risks, Hermione, but we can't let fear dictate our actions. If there's a chance to help others, I want to take it."

With Hermione's support secured, they enlisted Ron's aid in spreading the word. Together, they ventured to the Hog's Head Inn, where their fellow students gathered in hushed anticipation.

His words struck a chord with their peers, and one by one, they pledged their support, signing up for the impromptu lessons. Yet, amidst the camaraderie and shared purpose, Harry couldn't shake the guilt that gnawed at his conscience.

As he drifted off to sleep that night, Harry's dreams were haunted by visions of Draco, his expression twisted in hurt and betrayal. The weight of unspoken secrets bore down upon him, threatening to suffocate the fragile bond they had forged.

Draco stormed into the Gryffindor common room, his silver eyes blazing with fury. 

"Potter!" Draco's voice sliced through the air like a whip.

Harry looked up, startled by Draco's sudden entrance and the intensity of his tone. "What's wrong, Draco?"

"What's wrong? What's wrong?!" Draco's voice rose, his fists clenching at his sides. "I'll tell you what's wrong, Potter. I just found out about your little secret Defence Against the Dark Arts group!"

Harry's heart sank, realising that Draco had discovered the truth. He had hoped to keep it hidden for as long as possible, knowing Draco's disdain for anything that didn't align with his pureblood beliefs.

"I can explain, Draco," Harry began, but Draco cut him off with a sharp gesture.

"Don't you dare," Draco seethed, his voice trembling with anger. "I trusted you, Pottah. I thought we were boyfriends. But you've been keeping secrets from me all along."

"It's not like that, Draco," Harry protested, rising from his seat and taking a step closer to Draco. "I didn't want to involve you because I knew you wouldn't approve. But the group—"

"The group?" Draco scoffed, his lip curling in disdain. "Don't pretend like you're some noble hero, Pottah. You're just as bad as the rest of them, sneaking around behind everyone's backs."

"That's not fair, Draco," Harry insisted, his frustration mounting. "We're fighting against dark magic, trying to make a difference."

Draco shook his head, his expression hardened with resolve. "I don't want to hear it, Pottah. I thought you were different, but I was wrong. You're just like every other Gryffindor, thinking you know best."

"Draco, please," Harry pleaded, reaching out a hand in a futile attempt to calm him down. "I don't want to lose our relationship over this."

But Draco jerked away, his eyes flashing with betrayal. "Our relationship? Don't make me laugh, Pottah. You've made your choice, and I've made mine."

With those words, Draco turned on his heel and stormed out of the common room, leaving Harry standing there, feeling utterly helpless. He had hoped to keep his involvement in the Defence Against the Dark Arts group a secret, but now it seemed he had lost more than just Draco's trust. He had lost his boyfriend, and no amount of explaining could ever bring him back.

Awakening to the cold light of dawn, Harry found himself tangled in the sheets, his heart heavy with the burden of his deception. How could he face Draco, knowing that he had kept such an important decision hidden from him?

With a heavy sigh, Harry resolved to confront the truth, to lay bare the secrets that threatened to tear them apart. For in the silence of the night, amidst the whispers of their shared desires, honesty remained the only path to redemption.