Day Twelve - Emma

***Emma***

 The music was so loud... I could barely hear myself think. But I could think. And all that was on my mind was Jake. We were going to kiss. It could've been so romantic, so perfect, but the moment had passed.

As the music blasted in our ears, I kept sneaking a glance at Jake. I'd never seen him look so attractive. Everything about him was incredible, magical. I really wanted to pull him towards me and run my hands through his hair.

He looked back at me, smiling, "You enjoying yourself?"

"Yeah," I breathed. I didn't understand what had come over me. Thoughts of Darren and Mum and Dad and all that drama had vanished from my mind. It was like the whole world was bright and clean and colourful. There was nobody in the room but me and Jake.

We were screaming and singing and sometimes even holding hands. When the concert was over, I was filled with the strangest sad feeling. I felt so disappointed and lonely not that it had ended. What would happen now?

Would everything between us - that magical moment - would it all be over? I didn't want it to be over!  That was so weird of me. Was I suddenly developing feelings for Jake?  

We wandered outside, our ears ringing from the music. I took his hand, "That was amazing."

"I know," he smiled.

My phone began to ring in my pocket, "Oh. That's probably Anna..." 

He nodded, "You can go and answer it. I'll wait here."

"Thank you!" I smiled. Then I ran to the toilets to answer my phone. People were everywhere so I could hardly hear who it was at first.

Then it seemed as though everything in the world had been silenced as I heard his voice, "Emma."

"Darren?" I gasped. 

"You're going to regret this. You're going to regret leaving me for that pathetic boy. I will find you both and I will kill you," he snarled.

"No you won't," I said. I wanted to sound defiant but my voice was so small and mouse-like.

He just laughed, "Would you rather watch him die or have him watch you go?"

"Oh shut up!" I snapped.

"Look, Emma. You'll never be safe without me. He's so controlling..."

Now it was my turn to laugh, "You just said you would kill me if I stayed with Jake! That's the most controlling thing I know. And it sure isn't safe."

"He only wants you for one thing," he said.

"That's not true. Jake likes me for me. You're the one who wanted me for one thing!" I said, although doubts were already forming in my mind. What if Jake was like his friends? What if this was all an act?

"He already has a girlfriend, you know," Darren said. "He's just using you. Not like me. I lo-"

I cut him off. I didn't want to hear him say those three words. I used to spend sleepless nights wishing he'd say them but, now that the oppurtunity was there, I couldn't listen. If he said them, I was scared I'd fall right into his arms again.

It took me a while to pull myself together. I wanted to run up to Jake and to kiss him. Then I'd know for sure that he'd look out for me. I just felt so scared. What if Darren really did kill me?

I was almost sprinting back to him then I stopped. He had his arms around a girl and was hugging her. She was really pretty with long blonde hair falling in curls down her back. She was dressed innapropriately in a low-cut top and a really short skirt that may as well have been a belt. Jake looked awkward having seen her and was trying to get her to leave. 

Was he scared I'd see them together?! 

Was this his girlfriend?

I stormed back down to the toilets and did the stupidest thing in my life.

I called Darren and asked him to take me home.