Chapter 51

Murtasim and Meerab had decided to go back to Pakistan. It had been a week since they had gotten back together and it was no less than a dream. mornings were filled with delightful moments. Murtasim and Meerab found themselves entangled in each other's warmth. The soft kisses exchanged spoke volumes of the unspoken promises and affections that filled the room.

As the sunlight streamed through the curtains, painting the room in hues of gold, Murtasim would gently whisper words of love, and Meerab would respond with a smile that mirrored the joy radiating from within.

Breakfasts were a symphony of shared meals and stolen glances. Murtasim, unable to resist the magnetic pull, would wrap his arms around Meerab, earning him gentle scolding about letting her focus. Yet, the warmth of his embrace was a familiar melody, a reassurance that they were no longer bound by the distance that had plagued them before. Every moment spent apart felt like wasted time, and Murtasim's words echoed in their minds – there was no more waiting to be done.

However, at the orphanage, while maintaining a certain professional distance, stolen kisses in quiet corners and exchanged hugs spoke volumes about their connection. It was during one such stolen embrace that Amanda, an unwitting witness, stumbled into the room.

The awkward silence that ensued was broken by Meerab, who decided to set the record straight. Amanda's initial shock quickly transformed into theatrical embarrassment.

"So, you guys are married. And you didn't bother telling me this? MEERAB! OH MY GOD! I feel so embarrassed! I was going around simping after your husband, and yet you remained silent about it! What the hell," Amanda exclaimed, her eyes wide.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just wasn't in my right mind at that time," Meerab apologized, her expression apologetic.

"Yeah, right. And when I told you I had a crush on him, what did you say? 'Pakistani guys get married early.' What a stupid excuse!" Amanda retorted, arms folded.

Murtasim couldn't help but burst into laughter at the revelation. "She said that?" he repeated, finding amusement in Meerab's poor attempt to hide their relationship.

"Yeah, she did! And what was that you said about workplace romance? Isn't this also a form of workplace romance, huh, Miss Khan?" Amanda demanded with a playful smirk.

"I don't know what you're saying," Meerab replied with feigned innocence, and laughter echoed in the room as they embraced the shared joy and camaraderie of the moment.

But it was Meerab's decision to return back. As she laid with her head resting on Murtasim's lap, feeling the gentle caress of his fingers through her hair, with a movie playing. The ambiance was cozy, the warmth of togetherness enveloping them in a sweet embrace. It was in this comfort that Meerab's thoughts turned to the idea of returning to Pakistan, a notion she couldn't shake off.

"Don't you think we should go back?" Meerab asked, her words breaking the tranquility of the moment.

Murtasim, surprised by the sudden proposal, looked down at her. "Back as in to Pakistan?"

"Yeah. I mean, you might have things to deal with there as well, right? And you can't possibly stay here for long," Meerab explained as she sat up.

Murtasim, considering the suggestion, responded, "Are you sure? I still have another five-month contract as the legal advisor for the orphanage."

"Well, you can do all of that online. In the meantime, Amanda will find someone else as your replacement," Meerab suggested, a hint of playfulness in her tone.

"I see you're quite eager to replace me, Mrs. Khan, and it truly breaks my poor heart," Murtasim melodramatically held his chest, feigning heartbreak, as Meerab giggled.