25

Anum awoke around midnight to find herself lying on the bed, nestled halfway on top of Irtaza. Her face was snuggled in his neck.

Irtaza had dressed her in one of his shirt, with the top buttons opened.

"Sleep." As soon as his profound and rugged voice echoed in her ears, she started to sob.

"Anum." He warned her.

She moved her hand to where he carved her and felt something bandage like covering it. Surprisingly, she wasn't feeling any pain, but just numbness.

"You branded me!" She covered her face in her palms, crying loudly.

Irtaza clutched her hair. "Which I should have done a long time ago." Hearing his reply, Anum attempted to move from the bed, but Irtaza held her tightly, preventing any movements.

"Let me go!"

"Leave me."

"Please.."

Exhausted, she quit her feeble attempts and let him hold her.

He tightened his grip on her hair, making her squeal in pain.

"Listen to me now, and listen well." He said in a authoritative tone.

"A woman is a man's property. I know tumhari age ki larkiyan, mard ki baraabari karna chahti hai. But sach toh yeh hai ke aurat, mard ke bina kuch nahi hai. And I know you're smart, tum yeh baat jaldi samajh jaogi." (I know girls of your age want to compete with men. But the truth is that a woman is nothing without a man. And I know you're smart; you'll understand this soon.)

Anum felt her blood boiling, but she chose to stay quiet. Neither she nor could her weak body endure Irtaza's wrath.

He loosened his hold on her hair and stroked then gently, "You have no idea how much worried I got when I found out that you're in some club."

She didn't have the courage to ask him how he got to know about her whereabouts.

"Baby, you don't know how the world is. What if somebody had hurt you. Somebody could've spiked your drink and took you with them." He spoke, his hand fisted and teeth gritted.

"That low life does not care about you. Did she ever try to contact you?" He asked her, referring to Ayesha.

Anum shook her head, her eyes fixated on his chest.

"Yeh dost wagera kuch nahi hotey. Akhir mein sirf family hi saath hoti hai." (Friends are nothing. In the end, only family stays together.)

"Then Arzal?" It slipped out of her tongue.

He is telling her to not make friends, that friends are nothing etc, whereas he himself has a really close friend.

"He is family." He nodded.

He wiped her tears and gently cradled her face,
"Look, I know I have anger issues. But I love you a lot. I'm your husband, I would never want any harm to you. How is it wrong if a husband only wants his wife's love and her well-being?"

She didn't know how to respond him. Whatever he was saying was not exactly wrong.

"But..but you hit me. How can you justify that?"

"And I will hit you. I will hit you when I have to."

Anum gazed at him in disbelief and attempted to break free from his hold.

"Anum, it's a husband duty to discipline his wife if she is going to the wrong path."

He sighed, "Jaan, I'll try to control my anger for you.
I can't promise, but I'll try. I only want your happiness. Just be my perfect submissive wife; who only cares for her husband and love him only."

"I will give you anything and everything except you going away from me."

"Then let me go to college."

Irtaza, just stared at her blankly, hearing her demand.

She didn't like the way he was looking at her, her body slightly trembled out of the fear that he will get angry and start beating her.

"Okay. If that's what you want." He kissed her forehead lovingly.

Anum looked at him in surprise.

"I only what my Jaan's happiness. Nothing and nobody else shall matter to me."

He swiftly flipped them, hovering over her.

"You're still going to get your punishment though, for the stunt that you pulled earlier."

Anum gasped, her eyes widening.

سھھدھددھھھدھدھدھدھھھششدھدھھدھدھدھھدھدھدھدھھشھشھدھدھددھھش

Within the dungeon's grim confines, a man's bare torso bore the brutal aftermath of relentless whipping, welts crisscrossing his skin.

Blood was oozing from his forehead as well. His hands were tied to the ceiling.

Heavy footsteps advanced towards him.

"Shehreyar." He opened his eyes.

"Dad."

"I hope you have realized your mistake."

"Going after a married woman is a sin. It's even worse if she is your brother's wife."

"Your mother did the same thing. No wonder she was a whore." Ibrahim snickered.

Gulping down his anger, Shehreyar replied to him.

"You are right dad. I have realized my mistake. I will forget her. I will forget her existence."

"Good. Irtaza will be happy to hear this."

"Never forget that I'm the one who has given you this life. This luxurious life."

"I can also take it away in a blink."