Chapter 2.

🏎️ charles's pov

🏎️ charles's pov.

The ambiance of today's race is a symphony of adrenaline and precision, per usual, the deafening roar of the engines becomes a heartbeat, each pulsation synchronized with the rhythm of anticipation, the air is thick with the scent of burnt rubber and high octane fuel, creating an olfactory prelude to the performance about to unfold.

Dressed in red, I proudly shape my way through the crowd of people wishing me luck, I hear the Ferrari fans screaming my name loudly, of course they are, at the end of the day, this us Italy!

In Italy, there are two religions, the catholic religion and the loyalty towards Ferrari! And trust me, the latter is more powerful!

As I slide into the cockpit, the tight embrace of the racing seat melds with my body, forming a symbiotic connection between my being and the machine. The hum of the pit crew, the orchestrated ballet of mechanics and engineers, sets the stage for the imminent arrival of a world where speed and competition rules.

This is where I am whole, this is my religion and my vow, there is nothing in the world I am capable of doing other than being here, other than selfishly competing for the number one spot in a race that knows no speed limits.

The legacy of Ferrari is all up to me to protect, every single Ferrari fan has their hopes and dreams in me, who am I to disappoint all of these people?

The track stretches ahead like a canvas of possibilities, every turn and straight promising a challenge to conquer. In the cocoon of my helmet, the world narrows to the rush of the wind, the hum of the engine, and the vital information transmitted through the radio.

"Today's race from the 'autodromo Nazionale Monza' here in Milan, one of the oldest and bestest tracks in the world, the drivers competing for the italien grand prix are all present today.." I hear the commentator say proudly in a northern italien accent, as I already have said, this sport here is a sacred practice.

As the light on the starting grid illuminates, the ambiance intensifies, time seems to stretch, a suspended moment before the roar explodes into motion, I become the protagonist in this high speed drama, navigating curves and accelerating down straights, I know this circuit by heart like I know the back of my hand, each maneuver a stroke, I am not exactly a good man when I am driving, I am merely determined and want to win.

"Leclerc have surpassed Verstappen, it seems like the Ferrari pilot doesn't want to disappoint the italien audience! Now as he leads the race, smoothly but surely, this is his chance to snatch the grand prix!" The commentator excitedly exclaims, not even trying to hide the fact that even he supports Ferrari.