Chapter 1.

🐾 Fiona's pov

🐾 Fiona's pov.

Cradling the injured cat in my hands, I felt the gentle raise and fall of its breathing beneath my fingertips, the rhythmic purring filled the quiet sanctuary of my veterinary cabinet, creating a soothing backdrop to my contemplations.
As I tended my feline patient, my thoughts meandered through the corridors of my life, sometimes all it takes is a little moment of silence to bring back the loudest of memories, as I watched my own hands professionally handle the animal, I found myself again thinking of particularly nothing, yet somehow everything all at once, as disturbing as that seems, it was peaceful.

The routine of healing became a reflective dance, each movement a step in the ballet of my journey. In this quiet interlude between heartbeat and memory, I found joy in the delicate balance between the fragility of life and the resilience of the creatures I cared for.

My veterinary cabinet, a haven of compassion, and a home to not only those in need, but also to my lost soul needing distraction desperately.

"Now, now, miss kitty! Shall we go and have a rest?" I said to the cat who was staring at me with evident pain in her eyes, her owner was an old italien woman who lived near by, the fluffy animal had escaped the house and was unfortunately hit on by some naughty kids in the streets, they threw hard rocks its way and violated its peace. Poor little kitten.

I took off my gloves, after tenderly attending to the injured cat, I carefully placed it in a cozy carrier, a secure embrace where soft blankets protected the feline's recovery, my cabinet being a temporary refuge to the helpless creature, its walls being its protective shelter.

"Isabella? Can you come for a second?" I called my veterinary assistant, she had worked for me ever since I moved from Mexico, my native country to Italy, my current residency, in the small village I lived in here, in the welcoming atmosphere of Italy, a village that is situated in the picturesque Lake Como, not so far from Milan, here in Bellagio, I found myself a second home in a totally foreign land.

"Dr.Fiona, you called?" She asked, joining the solitude of my office, storming in like thunderstorm interrupting the calm of a vacant cave, she sure knew how to make an entrance.

"Ah, yeah.. can you take some care of this ginger head right there please? It is madame Rossi's cat, poor thing has definitely seen better days" I quietly asked her while checking the documents on my desk, it is lunchtime now yet I'm already burdening poor Isabella with work, but helping those in need doesn't know a time limit.

"Sure!" She positively affirmed, nodding her head a couple of times in a rapid motion before she hurried next to the ginger cat, checking its situation, one word to describe Isabella would be, animated.