Chapter 7.

🐾 Fiona's pov

🐾 Fiona's pov.

I always think about how people still say "bless you" when someone sneezes, how teenagers still stand up to leave their seat for an elder in the bus, how when you spill oranges from your grocery bag someone will help you pick them up, how the waitress calls you 'honey' while handing you your order, how we get happy to see a marriage proposal in the street, how people dance freely to italien music outside, total strangers bonding together without prejudices, just humans being lovely.

This is mainly why I totally believe in love, real and pure love, an emotion so deeply desired by everyone, yet so hard to find, I believe in humanity despite the fact that it has always disappointed me, wars, hunger, oppression, yes they exist, yes they are caused mainly by our selfishness and our thirst for power, yes perhaps humans can be scary so often, but how can I lose hope in humanity when a stranger smiling at me can make my whole day? When an uncle handed me a rose and wished for me to find love? When a total stranger confided in me and entrusted me with his biggest regret?

I refuse to give up on humanity, I believe wholeheartedly that there is always something good to see and live!

I was sitting in my office, waiting patiently for a certain racer with adorable dimples to arrive, last night was something that I don't know what to make out of, something that seems almost surreal, it was me and him crying our hearts out like there was no tomorrow, but too bad for us, there always is a tomorrow, one cannot escape the day by drinking the night away, I guess.

Looking at the time, and then at Seb who was also waiting patiently for his father's arrival, indicating the start of his fluid therapy, I started thinking of the possibility of him not showing up, could he possibly actually not come? And if that was the case, was it because of me?

Was the Formula One driver avoiding me or was I exaggerating?

I heard the sound of a door knocking, he is here! , it looks like once again, I misjudged the poor man!

"Please, come in!" I said that as a subtle nervousness settled in me feeling the anticipation as it mingled with fear, I actually thought he was avoiding me for what happened last night, which is a thought that for some reason, disturbed me!

That soft knock on my office stirred a hopeful excitement, prompting me to swiftly fix my attire, adjust my hair, and ensure my blouse sat just right, I made sure I presented myself with a composed demeanor.

what the hell am I doing?

To my surprise though, the door revealed not the F1 driver, but another man, or should I say, a boy? He looks at most seventeen.
A moment of bewilderment flickered across my features, and my disappointment was probably clear because I heard the young man's laughter as he looked my way, he went straight to seb as he hugged him, I heard him say "what's up, buddy!" To the dog who looks pleased to see this person.