Sweet boys deserve sweet kisses

Gerald's P.O.V-

It's been almost 10 minutes and Ollie still isn't back from the bathroom. How much pee can she have in her, she's not a big girl.

Coach finished his lunch and all he's doing right now is staring me down like I'm his prey. I focus on the bustle of the cafe, students talking about their classes, and someone having a rather heated conversation on their phone.

"Gerald." the coach says, clasping his hands together on the table.

"Coach."

He clears his throat, "You know how much I like you, Gerald."

I blanch, "You do?"

"Yes." He says like I should know this. "You're the only one I say good morning to, that says a lot. But just because I like you, doesn't mean I won't hurt you." I quickly picked up my water and chugged it down, trying to soothe my nerves.

Hell, I'm not even dating Ollie or close to that and I'm already getting the third degree.

"Coach, Ollie and I are just hanging out-", he holds up a hand.

"Hanging out? That's how it starts Gerald, then you're calling her your girlfriend and bringing her home for Christmas. And if you think I'm scary, you should meet her father. We played football together in high school and they nicknamed him "The Beast." All I'm saying is know what you're doing with Ollie and treat her like she's fine China. She has been through a lot."

That last part makes me go on alert, "What has she been through?" To know that at some point in her young life, she was going through things makes me feel all types of bad. I remember when I spent time with her in her room and I asked about her mother she shrugged it off, not wanting to further the question. However, for her dad, she talked about him like he hung the moon. She didn't have any siblings growing up, I know that the only person she mentions in that way is Jasmine.

Coach looks towards the bathroom, making sure Ollie isn't walking over here, she isn't. "I don't want to give a whole speech on her childhood, that's her story to tell you not me. All I can tell you is that girl didn't grow up privileged like you, sometimes there wasn't money for necessities, and she worked her ass off to get into UC Berkeley. She got the first job that was given to her, stays up late at night to study for her classes, and deals with my grumpy ass."

"I never had children, Gerald, so Ollie is the closest thing I have to that. I give her money whenever I see her, because I know that she needs it, or maybe she doesn't, and she could use it to buy herself a dress or something. I wanted her to live with me when she came, but she insisted on getting an apartment with Jasmine. I think she felt she couldn't leave Jasmine, not after what went down with her, which is not my story to tell. I need to know what your plans with Ollie are?"

"To be honest with you, I don't know Coach."

"How in the hell do you not know? You better not be using her Gerald, especially for sex-"

"I'm not!" I yell, and a few people at tables give us suspicious looks. "We're not even close to that!"

"Because don't think I don't know how Parker has been trying to get into her pants since he's joined the team. That kid is talented, but he's a pompous ass that I would kill before I let him get near Ollie." The next part I know is hard for him to say, but he stomachs his uncomfortability and speaks. "I know that she's... that she sleeps around with different guys, which makes me feel squeezy because she's like a daughter, but she's grown and can do what she wants with her body. Andreas had a thing with her, but he never distracted her, and I knew he cared for Ollie like she was his girlfriend. Always took her out places and was there for her emotionally, something I'll always appreciate about him. The other guys, those fuckers used her and bragged about it. I hear Parker and some of the other guys talking about her body, that's why I give them a hard time because they have no respect for her or any other woman." I watch as he clears his throat, letting me know that Ollie is on her way back. She's at the counter, ordering something else.