The Proposal

"Loki, what are you doing down there", she asked surprised to find him on bended knee when she opened her eyes. "Kate McKenzie", he started, "I have thought about his for a while, actually from the moment that I saw you the very first time". "There will never, nor has there ever been, anyone that I have loved the way I do you. You are kind, sweet and beautiful, but more than anything you are the very beat of my heart". "I planned this great long proposal, but I realized that I have plenty of time to tell you how I feel about you and what you mean to me and my life. "Darling, would you do me the great honor of being my love, my life, my everything "? Kate stood in front of him with tears in her eyes. Not able to speak because to do so she would have to actually speak and at this moment that was something she just couldn't do, instead she smiled her biggest smile and simply nodded her head, Yes. With that he placed the most beautiful emerald ring on her finger. "I know this isn't the traditional colored stone for an engagement ring, but it's more special because it is my colors, gold and emerald green", he stated. When she finally found her voice, "Loki, I love it, she squealed. "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes, I will marry you", she said. "I had no idea that you were even thinking about marriage until you asked me about it last night", she exclaimed.

"I spoke with your Grandfather before we left for Asgard because I wanted to propose to you while we were there, but after everything happened, I knew I would have to wait and prayed that we could work things out so I could do this", he told her. "He gave us his blessing, actually they both did", he told her.

Taking her in his arms he kissed her forehead, down her cheek until his lips found hers, he kissed her deeply. "Kate you have made me the happiest God in all the 9 realms", he said with tears in his eyes. "My love, you are my whole world, being your wife, is an honor and a privilege", she coo'd "Did Thor know anything about this, he never even hinted when he came over that day" she asked? "He has no idea, I thought we could share our news later this evening at dinner with both he and Jane", he told her.

Later that evening at dinner, Loki stood up to announce their engagement. The restaurant erupted in applause. "Brother, I had no idea you were even thinking about this", Thor said, standing to hug Loki, with a huge smile on his face. "Let me see the ring" Jane asked. Kate showed both of them her beautiful emerald ring. "It"s gorgeous", Jane exclaimed. "Good job Loki". Loki beamed with happiness knowing he had created a one of a kind ring especially for Kate. Thor and Jane hugged Kate at the same time. "So when did you decide to do this", Thor inquired. "The first time I saw her a year ago" he told Thor. "I'm truly happy for you both and I know Mother will be too". Kate could see the hurt on Loki's face and she felt sadness for him. She knew he had taken her to Asgard to do this and to share this with Frigga, but after the turn of events she would likely never know. "Brother, I will make sure she knows, I will tell Heimdall in the morning", he assured Loki. "Thor, that's really not necessary", Loki said, even though judging by the sad look on his face everyone knew otherwise. "But I know she would be happy to know", Thor told him. "Really Thor, I want to put Asgard and its inhabitants behind us". Loki wanted Frigga to know, but the thoughts of his last encounter there would forever haunt him. He almost lost Kate because of that place, he had no intention of ever inviting that place back into their lives.

"Anyway, let's eat as I am sure we are all hungry" Loki said. After they had finished their meal, Loki looked at Thor and Jane, "If you both will excuse us, it's time for Kate and I to take our celebration home". "I had a feeling I would not be seeing you at home tonight ", Thor said with a wide smile on his face. "No brother, I would like to have some private time with my fiancé", Loki said, with a sly grin on his face, giving Kate's hand a light squeeze. Kate's face beamed with love and sheer happiness as she squeezed his hand in return. After they said their "Goodnight's" to each other, Loki and Kate drove back to her house. "You know we have to go to Grandpa and Gran's tomorrow to share our news", Kate said, giddy with excitement to let them know she would be marrying the man of her dreams. "As I planned to do, Kate you seriously have no idea how happy you have made me, or I should say make me". Loki said, as he reached over to kiss her.

They spent the night making love knowing that soon enough neither of them would be going to sleep or waking up alone ever again. Kate laid awake for hours staring at her ring as the moonlight gave off a special glow through the window that caused the stone to sparkle. She listened to the sound of Loki's breathing while he slept, and whispered to him quietly, "I love you Loki Odinson, for the rest of my days". She finally fell asleep, peacefully, in the arms of the man that she loved.