The Daydreamer - Chp 49 [Two Is Better Than One]

Почніть із самого початку

My thoughts made me unaware of what was being said until Jace let me go and held out his hand to Aimee and steered her off into a dance whilst Joel held out his hand to Alli who took it blushing.

I smiled stepping away to the edge of the lawn to find Sonny and Jack on their hands and knees doing a jigsaw puzzle. It was one of those jigsaw puzzles of wood and the pieces were bigger than your hand and only about ten pieces. Smiling I sat down beside them as we tried to finish it.

Finishing it I now had my shoes off, Sonny leaning in against my side and Jack patting them all down for the hundredth time. “You guys danced?” I asked, gently brushing the hair from Sonny’s eyes.

Sonny shrugged her tiny shoulders against me “I don’t like this song. I like the Wiggles.” I laughed. Jack giggled as if he understood what was funny.

“I want to dance!” he cried with an adorable giggle.

I smiled and he outstretched his hand to me, I took it and pulled myself up carefully in such a dress.

“Me too!” Sonny cried scrambling up to her feet, and taking my hand.

In the end we danced in a circle walking around and round, my two dancers giggling crazily, their smiled huge and heartwarming.

“And we all fall down!” Sonny declared randomly hitting the deck.

Jack turned to her; his arms folded “Who said we all fall down?”

Sonny just stuck her tongue out.

I scooped her up, sitting her on my hip as Jack swung my other hand back and forth happily. “You know when I’m older I'm gonna be a werewolf.” I laughed adoring this boy more and more.

Sonny giggled “So will I!” she said, the two competing.

“Yeah well-“

“Hey little man, you think I could dance with the beautiful lady?” I was startled to hear Jace, looking up his eyes were on me, the look heart melting and automatically I smiled at him.

Jack stuck out his chest his eyes in awe of Jace “Sure mister sir.” Sonny giggled in my ear as I bounced her on my hip gently giggling myself. Jack turned to me, eyes on Sonny “Hey Son, can I dance with you cause you’re a…” he trailed off lost for words, trying to remember Jace’s. “Cause you’re a girl.” He finished. Worst pick up line possible.

“Okay!” she cried happily as if it was actually the best. Sitting her down she ran over to him, stumbling in her dress.

“Come here beautiful.” Jace murmured, his arms wrapping around my wrist and pulling me to face him, and instantly I melted in against him. Jace leant down, his nose touching mine as my hands held his face. Jace’s eyes danced across my face as if he was absorbing me. “I love you Mrs. Indigo.” He whispered pulling me tighter by the waist, so close that my lips fell onto his.

The kiss was sweet as Jace kissed me tenderly, his lips moving against mine in a way I knew should be illegal for how it was making me feel.

“Excuse me mister sir.” Jack said racing to our sides. We pulled apart, our heads touching as we faced Jack. “The puzzles broken.” Jace declared.

I smiled feeling Jace’s gaze on me as Jack took a hand of mine and pulled me over to Sonny and the puzzle, myself pulling Jace hastily with.

Back in the grass again, Sonny pulled out a new one discarding the broken one. Naturally I leant into Jace’s side, my head on his shoulder as his arms wrapped around me. Sonny sat at my side as she and Jack constructed a puzzle with our little input.