Chapter 46: Cherry & Saints

Start from the beginning

"Now, I understand you are confused," I could have sworn Raphael glared at me as if I did something wrong. "There's nothing to be scared of. Let's take this one step at a time and talk."

It took nearly ten hours to explain everything to Cherry. From where we were, to the people of the city, and the nature of living amongst others. Going from a being that was alone and only knew chaos, to a resident of a city and family member would require time. Or Milim.

The moment we finally stepped outside the cave, Veldora was waiting for us. The girl was immediately taken to night and Veldora immediately took to Cherry and wanted to play with her. Letting them play, we watched to make sure they were not going to destroy too much.

"You're still here?" I directed my question to Raphael.

"Have you achieved the information you required?"

"I think so."

"Yet you do not show joy in this."

I stayed silent. It is true that with the use of my ultimate skills, I gained an understanding of the fundamental building blocks of the universe and a manipulation of them. Yet, when I was inside my soul, analyzing myself, I did not feel at ease. As if something was still wrong with my soul and was the real reason I did not attempt to use any aspect of my soul to create Cherry's ego.

Although I told Rimuru I wanted to bring back my father and mother, when I was inside my soul I felt as though I did not want either of them to see it. Perhaps that is what Cherry was scared of. Something in my soul is still wrong, yet no one has said a word about it. For I felt nothing real in the accomplishment of creating life.

Under quiet breath, I speak on the matter, "No challenge, no reward."

Rapheal said nothing and disappeared. Veldora heard me, but did not ask and acted his usual self. After I reeled them in, we returned to the town hall to do introductions. Understandably, everyone was put on edge for a moment since Cherry was the same Charybdis that attacked us previously. It all eased up when it became clear Cherry was similar to Milim, though a little more clueless. If only things could be clueless, yet now we are the ones setting things into motion.

And when Rimuru's visitor arrives, I'll make sure to introduce her to both Veldora and Cherry...

***

At a meeting among the Saints of the Holy Church. Powerful figures were seated while the many others stood. One of the saints, their captain, Hinata who fought and attempted to kill Rimuru listened to the reports. In the presence of the Holy Emperor, who in reality is one of the proxies used by the Demon Lord Valentine.

"As you were Litus," Hinata said, the blond girl continued her report.

"Yes," She continued reading. "The concentration of magicules in the area are understandably higher than normal, but it's to the extent that wouldn't affect the average person. In fact, several human merchants have been seen traveling between the Jura Forest and the Kingdom of Blumund. It has given the impression that Demon Lord Rimuru truly wishes to establish friendly relationships with humanity."

"What about Veldora? And the destruction of that barony, Silverwood?"

Litus lowered the report, "Well... Entry into the sealed cave is forbidden. However, rumors report that he has taken residence in the Jura Forest. As for if the war resulted in this reawakening or this Lernaean monster, we have nothing solid yet. And for Silverwood... Leonard, I believe you said you would not report until there was something."

Hinata looked at the man with the long blond hair. "Yes, as of now there is nothing to report."

"Nothing?" Hinata asked.