[𝟮𝟲] 𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙍𝙖𝙞𝙣

╰┈ Victoria, Australia

𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝 18, 2022

𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝙳 𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"I'm pretty sure that's the Big Dipper" Skylar says as her head lays against her girlfriend's stomach, both arms around her waist.

She and Dakota were on the balcony of their hotel suite, stargazing.

With balcony chairs facing each other to be longer like a couch, Kody shakes her head and combs her fingers through Sky's brown hair.

"That's not the Big Dipper, Sky" She said. "Then what is it?" Sky questioned with sassed. "Just stars!" Dakota answered. "No! It's the Big Dipper" Skylar challenged. "Whatever!" Kody laughs. The drizzle of raindrops started to fall from the night sky causing the couple to have two very different reactions.

"Bae, it's raining!" Dakota beamed with excitement as she was a deep lover of rain even if it were for a second.

"Yeah... We should probably head inside before it starts pouring" The brunette glanced at the darkening sky with slight worry.

"Or we could stay out here and be aesthetic like they do in them TikTok videos!" Once the suggestion was made, Kody sat up and began to remove herself from the chairs. "What if you catch a cold? You know how you act when you get sick" Sky states. "I don't know what you're talking about" Dakota shrugged. "Besides a little rain won't hurt" She says, nonchalantly. "I want to dance in the rain and be dramatic!".

"Come on, Sky! It'll be fun!" Dakota looked over the balcony before turning around and leaning her back against it.

Rain begins to fall on her face, water drips from her braids, and her— Sky's hoodie absorbs the falling liquid.

"Kody, be careful!" Sky rushed up to stand on her feet, almost falling between the two chairs while doing so. "Gosh, would you relax?" Kody grins at her girlfriend's worried actions before spinning around with wide open arms.

With mixed feelings and a pounding heart, Sky stood on the shaded roof side of the balcony and crossed her arms. "Since when are you the one to back down from something fun?" Dakota stepped up to the New Yorker with a wet face and batted her lashes through her round glasses. "That's my job" She says. Sky Katz scoffs and chuckles, looking off to the side. "I'm not backing down" She says.

"Yes, you are".

"No, I'm not".

"Then prove it" Dakota reached out a hand, tempting Sky to join her side. She knew the girl would never back down from a challenge. Aside from that, Skylar couldn't really say no to her. Sky looks at Kody's hand before looking back at her, fondly smiling. She rolled her eyes before finally giving in.

With a laugh, she let Dakota pull her into the rain, allowing it to soak her clothes and hair. After that moment, nothing else mattered. The feel of Dakota's hand in hers and the warmth of her laughter filling the air and Sky's ears like music. They danced and twirled in each other's arms, laughing.

The couple would be completely oblivious to anyone who might be watching from across the other hotel building.

After being spun around, Kody was pulled in by Sky, face to face with Sky's chest as her girlfriend's hands were firmly on her waist. Dakota grinned at Sky's wet hair sticking to her face as the girl's gaze lingered on her eyes and lips. Kody brushed Sky's wet hair behind her ears before cupping her cheeks and moving her face from side to side.

Not one word was spoken, just the sound of rain was heard as they stared into each other's eyes.

They always had this unspoken language whenever they did. It was just them and nothing else. Sky leaned in, pressing her lips onto Dakota's in a sweet, soft rain-soaked kiss. Sky lifted her in the air and spun Kody around. "Ah! Skylar!" Kody squeals as Sky almost falls and drops her.

"You're fine! Babe, you're fine!" Sky laughed, keeping her grip on the black girl to reassure and ensure her that she was safe.

As the rain poured down faster, Sky knew they had to go back inside. Hand in hand, they ran back to their hotel room, both drenched and breathless. Laughing and shivering at the cold air that fills the room, they fall back onto the bed. Their wet clothes seep moisture on the sheets.

"You drive me crazy, you know that?" Sky says while turning her head in Dakota's direction with adoring eyes. Dakota smiled, her eyes glowing with the same affection as she looked over at Skylar. "I do. And you can't talk 'cause you're just as bad" Kody says. "Oh, really?" Sky feigned to be shocked at Kody's words. "Sky, that was nothing compared to what you do!".

"Name one thing that went wrong while with me" Sky challenged with a grin. "Okay!" Dakota didn't hesitate to use the opportunity as she lifted herself and rested her weight on her forearms. She points over to Sky as the memory comes back to her. "That party you took us to that one time and the feds were called to shut it down" Kody said.

"No..." Sky shook her head as she thought about it.

"No?" Dakota questioned, giving Sky a "Really?" look. "Nah. No, I don't remember that" Sky smiled, knowingly as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Yes, the hell you do!" Dakota laughed, shaking her head before placing both hands on the sides of her heated cheeks as she smiled. The braided-haired girl continued with her rant on everything that her girlfriend had done over the time since they first met.

"And— and that one weekend where you almost crashed my car and burnt down the house trying to cook!".

Sky's eyes widened, and she playfully covered Dakota's mouth with her hand, shushing her. "Shh, shh. Let's not focus on the past, okay?" She laughs. Dakota's laughter was muffled by Sky's hand, but she managed to remove it from her mouth. "Ew! What the—" Sky studied her hand with disgust before looking back at Dakota in disbelief.

"Did you just lick my hand!?".

"No" Kody replied with the most innocent smile, showing off her deep dimples that dented her cheeks. Sky wiped her hand on her damp shirt and scoffed a chuckle, shaking her head. She rolled her eyes at Dakota before pulling her into a kiss. Sky looked out the window to see that the rain had died down and then removed her weight off the bed.

"You comin'?" Sky asked, pointing to the bathroom.

"To do what?" Kody asked, confused.

"Shower with me" Sky teased, mischievous glow in her eyes as she raised a brow. The girl's smile only grew more when Dakota's eyes widened and her cheeks rose to where her eyes became smaller. "Shut up! Go shower and leave the water on" Kody grew flustered as Sky chucked and walked away while grabbing her things. "We'll be saving so much more if you get in with me" Skylar says.

"You know that Octopuses have three hearts and their blood is blue!".

"I'll never understand how you say and know all this stuff at the top of your head like that".