Chapter 12: GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT

Start from the beginning

Val: Look at yourself. You're clearly insane. Did you even think about the horrible way you were murdering these people? Did you even think about their families? What about Kamar Taj? Did you not think about their families? Oh yes I know how much you love family.

Wanda had no idea how to defend hersef in this situation. Where does she even begin? She didn't even have the energy or emotional stability at the moment to think rationally, so she kept quiet.

Val: And don't try and blame the darkhold for those actions either, considering your more recent actions it seems more likely you were in full control. I must admit this is our fault too. We should've locked you up the moment Westview was freed from their two week long torture session. I can't believe I'm even in the same room as you. You disgust me.

A giant scar was torn open in Wanda's heart after those words. Revealing a troublesome fact that she never got over what happened at Westview or Kamar Taj.

Wanda: I didn't... mean t--

Val: We're not talking about that now, are we? Although we will most definitely be looking into that again, we're talking about what you did to these innocent S.W.O.R.D employees. Which also raises another question... This very same thing happened at Transia a little more than a year ago, and (gasps sarcastically), you were the only survivor! What a coincidence!

Wanda looked away from her. She was unable to stop her tears from streaming down her face. This was wrong. Something was very wrong, but she had no idea how to even begin to try and explain everything.

Val: We have received very good intel that you were indeed the one who murdered all those innocent souls at Transia, the exact same way you did two days ago. Intel YOU gave!

Wanda: What?

Val: We know about the cryptic messages you left us. It told us you were responsible. Wanda you even looked directly at the camera when leaving clues on the wall! But what we still can't decipher is the word "DnEbOrMtUS".
Ring any bells?

Wanda: I don't... know w-what you're talking about!

She can't even remember doing any of this at S.W.O.R.D, nor can she remember anything of Transia. Maybe it really was her mind playing tricks on her. Maybe she was going insane. Maybe that whole conversation she had with Doctor Strange was all in her mind after all. What if this was all in her mind too?

Wanda: This is a mistake!

She sobbed.

Val: Oh spare me the crocodile tears! We both know you deserve this. If you don't think so, well then you might be more delusional than what your file lets on. You won't admit to anything! You can't even admit to hard evidence in front of your face! What about the exploding cop cars on the bridge? Hmm? Was that somehow also not you?

She cried out to Val in a desperate plea. Sounding like a sincere soul, confused and afraid.

Wanda: Why does this... keep... h-happening to me!? Why can't I just be happy!?

Her plea turned more into a prayer as she looked up at the roof.

Wanda: Why me!? WHY!?

Val: Nobody's coming to save you. You're exactly where you belong. Where monsters get what they deserve.

Wanda: Please stop!

Val: Stop what!?

...

Val: Stop what!?