"My sister was way more pure than all of you combined, so shut your dirty mouths and leave this instant, before I kill all of you with my bare hands."

Ashok seemed to have been a direct witness of the tragedy. He saw all three of them attempting suicide and couldn't do anything to stop them. Apparently, both the cousins of Aniruddha were in love with Ambika, the daughter of Purohit ji and the loved little sister of Ashok. For some inevitable reasons the feelings for her in both Aditya and Pratap escalated into tremendous jealousy which in turn led to this.

While standing amongst the ruin of what once used to be a happy family was the biggest trauma one could go through. He kept his eyes closed for as long as he could  remember. The pain, the sorrow wasn't subsiding. When his eyes fell on the sky a drop of tear escaped the strong hold of his eyes. As he uttered,
"Why?"

He learnt that Savitri aunty collapsed the moment she heard about the incident and was being taken care of, he saw Purohit ji sitting infront of the Shiv linga, looking like another statue, and then he saw Ashok, the man who just lost both his sister and his best friend on the same day. He was running around and giving orders to people to search for both his sister and Aditya, with the hope that they might have survived the fall, knowing very well that anyone who would jump into that waterfall will never see the daylight. He stood there and looked at the lifeless body of Pratap, his other brother who looked just like Aditya. His heart clenched looking at the sprinkles of blood everywhere and a line of blood trailing down his mouth.

He was poisoned.

The fact that both of his brothers died so pathetically was turning his stomach upside down. Aniruddha vomited but couldn't leave. They were his brothers, that girl might not be someone close to him but she was innocent and he saw it himself.

He stayed beside Ashok, the man who reflected sincerity and true love towards his favourite brother, the man who loved his sister so much that the pain and guilt was killing him with every passing second. He stayed because that's all he could do, because there was nothing left to do anyway.

¤¤¤¤¤

Ten days have passed since that awful incident. No, Ambika and Aditya remained hidden somewhere within the nature. No one could find them. Aniruddha kept spending sleepless nights, his mental health was deteriorating with every passing hour, so he decided to focus his entire attention on the matter at hand. The Mahipal from the capital is coming today. They have kept their men ready for an open confrontation, they want answers and solutions to the numerous problems they face everyday under the rule of their Maharaja. They have been preparing for ages to revolt against him, only if their informer didn't inform them on time about the fact that there is a bigger threat. The Mahipal, the source of their Maharaja's evilness, the man who controls the wires connected to their Maharaja. If they want the tortures to end they need to uproot the tree, cutting the stem won't help. That's where they have been focused on from the very morning. The grief within him keeps impacting his focus but he has trained himself enough to absorb as much pain as possible. He has committed to give these people the peace, the basic rights they deserve, he can't be controlled by his emotions on a day like this.

The second troop led by him was ready to leave when one of the first troop members came running.

"Dada, the Mahipal is not there in the car. It's being driven by an Indian driver, while the passenger seat is occupied by a young man around our age, supposedly the son of the Mahipal." The man says.

"There was only one car?" Aniruddha asks skeptically.

"Yes dada." The  man answers.

"That's odd. I had confirmed news that the Mahipal himself was all set to visit the Maharaja." Aniruddha says looking at the ground. The man from the first troop and the others from his troop keep looking at his face, when his face becomes rigid all of a sudden.