4.

"Mrs. Carter are you here to visit Mr.Shawn Corey Carter?" The guard asked never looking up, and writing some nonsense into a beaten up clipboard.

I nodded and then said yes. Shortly after he issued two more guards to check me. They were twin Latina women and my bisexual thoughts began to wander so I took a deep breath and looked forward.

"I have nothing." I stated.

"Que Pasa Mami?" One gaurd said getting closer to me as if getting close to me would help her understand what the fuck I was saying.

"dije, no tengo nada." I retorted.

Her sister, the hotter one rubbed her hands about my curves and whispered into my ear. "Give Jay this phone." Sliding a grey iphone into my purse.

I guess Jay is friends with all the guards. I couldn't help but shake my head. Typical Jay. Always someone's friend. Little friendly nigga always getting super friendly. I should call him Casper the friendly nig-

"Beyoncé... you're all clear." The man said to me before escorting me down this long hallway.

I ignored all the male prisoners around me as I continued to walk down the hallway, passing the potential meeting rooms.

They howled and whistled at me as I walked like I was fresh meat or something. It was so damn annoying.

I thought after so many years of ignoring Jays calls this would be so easy.

It was just one visit. One visit to see if he had changed any and if he was really working on becoming a better man for himself and the kids. I already knew he had other plans but... I didn't care about any of that.

"Hey Shawn..." I cautiously said while taking a seat and sliding him his phone under the table.

He smiled warmly giving me a bit of comfort taking the phone from me. He then took a drink of water. "Hey mamas, you look great. I knew you was on ya way in here because them niggas we're outside getting all loud and shit. I already know only one chick can make a man's head turn like that."

I rolled my eyes and bit my lip down trying not to smile. "this isn't a date Jay let's talk business." I started. "How's your behavior?"

"I'm cool, my behavior is good. I mean the fight that went down wasn't my fault he walked up to me and just hit me because he's new upstate and people in the unit were telling him that he would have to beat up the most liked person in the unit. Jail is just like highschool. That's why I stay focused on myself and stay out the mix."he said softly.

I believed every word he was saying, because he looked me dead in my face with sincerity. I could tell that all he wanted was peace in his life.

"How's my momma?"he asked.

"Gloria is doing just fine. Still mad as hell at you. If that's what you're wondering." I said back.

He shrugged and looked down. " so I guess that means she's not letting me stay at her house on probation huh?"

I nodded my head to him, indicating that my answer was yes. It pained me too much to say it, but his mother was far too disappointed in him and his consistent anger management issues to allow him to stay at her house.

Being that he's been on relatively good behavior and earned a job working with the head CO. He's gotten pretty decent privileges and they've been in talks on letting him come home on probation.

"Look...I'm proud of you Jay I really am. You had me worried at first because you got into a fight but coming here, seeing you in a decent headspace, taking meds and going to therapy makes me feel comfortable with my next decision."