Chapter 4: LOO LOO LAND

"There are millions of people in Hell scattered throughout the seven rings and nine circles. Some are sinners, some are Hell-born, and some are unlucky souls who got screwed in the living world."

"These are their problems."

Osric: Your second boss's wife's friends were talking about boring shit the other day...

*THE OTHER DAY*

Osric was helping staff handing drinks out as he overheard two bird demons talking about gossip.

Peacock: I can't believe Stella's still with that stud.

Swallow: What a joke! In all honesty, both are just fucking embarrassing.

Peacock: I heard Stella only got with him for money and to have an heir. And yet, both turned out to be awful.

Swallow: Not so loud. You don't want to have her hear you.

Peacock: Oh please, as if she could actually accomplish something. Let alone hear what we're going on about.

The Barn Owl doesn't really go to them but just continues on with his job. However, that changes when they started talking about his main boss.

Swallow: If we're gonna talk shit, what about that Stolas?

Peacock: I honestly laughed when I heard about their marriage. He's no Paimon, especially when it comes to his space work.

Swallow: And from what I've heard, his poor excuse of a daughter isn't even interested in carrying on the work. She honestly would've been better off not even hatching.

Osric takes what he hears and delicately puts down the tray of glasses and walks over to a pair of female security workers. He whispers in their ears, and the pair basically go to the two gossip women and had them escorted out. Of course there was a bit of drama, but Osric didn't pay mind as he goes back to work.

*NOW*

Osric: If you're gonna talk shit about your hosts, it's best to do it when not in their house. Especially when one employee could beat one bitch with another bitch.

"One Helluva Team"

The scene opens to a shot of the exterior of Stolas's mansion at night, before cutting to the master bedroom where Stolas and Stella are asleep. A young Octavia's frightened voice can be heard from offscreen.

Octavia (Young): (offscreen) Mummy! Daddyyyy!

Stolas is roused from his sleep. He turns to Stella who has most of the blanket.

Stolas: (sleepily) Mmph. Via's calling us, Stella.

Stella: (sleepily, annoyed) You get up.

Stolas sighs and gets out of bed. He enters Octavia's room, where she is hiding beneath her blankets.

Stolas: Via? What troubles you, my owlet?

Octavia (Young): (sobbing) Daddy! Daddy!

Young Octavia climbs down from her bed and runs into her father's arms. Stolas hoists her up to comfort her.

Octavia (Young): (sobbing) I had a dream! A really bad dream!

Stolas yawns and wipes away Octavia's tear, correcting her.

Stolas: A nightmare.

Octavia (Young): (sobbing) I was looking all over the palace, and... I couldn't find you anywhere! You weren't there!

Stolas: (rubs Octavia on the back comfortingly) There there, Via, it's okay. You're okay.

Stolas summons his grimoire to him telekinetically as he walks Octavia back to bed.