'Sounds weird'

'You're the one weird here Mr. Roy'

A mirthless smile curled up on my face remembering about that day we were talking about fantasies. She was supposed to study but wasted the whole time in divulging about romance

She wanted the rain to carry a blissful, a beautiful memory of her but ended up penning down the worst one.

Turning on my heels I carried her to the car, opening the door of my side I settled on the driver seat with her on my lap. The seat got wet because of both of us being drenched in rain from head to toe. Picking up her falling dupatta I closed the door and pulled her closer providing the warmth.

Her sobs were low but not stopping.

"Shh! Don't cry bub, don't" I caressed the back of her head with my one hand while other holding her securly.

Leaning back on the seat I tightened my hold when I felt her moving and she pulled away from the hug. Her red and swollen eyes gazing in mine, her lower lip wobbled as if she was again at the edge of crying. The rain drops on her face were hiding the dry tears marks.

Stretching my hand I pulled a few tissues from the box placed on the dashboard and wiped her face softly. Her hold tightened around my neck, she bite her lower lip and sniffed scrunching her nose.

"W..What sin did I commit in my last life to deserve all this?" She murmured "Why e..every time I think that everything is fine and the next moment all my happiness are s...shattered into a million broken pieces, am I not enough to be l...loved , why it's always them hurting me , I hate the-"

She couldn't complete her words when I pulled her closer hiding her face in my chest , her grip on my shirt tightened and she kept bowling her eyes out crying loudly , her voice muffled.
i was saying comforting words in her ears but she couldn't form my words I guess her vision blurred with tears and soon she dozed off in my arms crying ineptly.

I stretched my hand towards the phone placed on the passenger seat. Holding her from one hand ,while from other I unlocked my phone to check any missed call or text from any of our family.

An exhausted sigh escaped me staring at 57 missed calls of her father and 10+ texts of Bhai. Tossing the phone back on the passenger seat.

Not a single text or a call from dad.
Is he even taking this situation seriously?

Leaning back I nuzzled in her.

Lost in my thoughts I didn't realise when the time passed.

Life is not a bed of roses for everyone, especially for her. For God sake let her live in peace for once.

"Suvansh" I heard her murmuring in a low voice,Pushing herself back she looked at me. The distance was just a few inches between us. My hold loosened a bit yet my hand was still rubbing her back softly.

"Say it, I'm all ears" a shaky breath escaped her and her eyes glinced with fresh tears. But she blinked her eyes rapidly before the tears could fall, which caused a smile to curl up on my lips. She sniffed and opened her mouth to say something but close immediately.