Ranting about racist fandom shit

Yeah yeah my ranking ships thingy will be done soon blah blah blah, anyways...

The way the cookie run fandom treats dark skinned or black coded characters is literally so fucking weird. Usually they're characterized to be more "sexual" or "hostile" than the light skinned characters which like... Comes off as stereotypical and even fetishy.

Probably the biggest example of this has to be the way the fandom treats dark cacao. Devsis couldn't have made his character more clear, war has drained and traumatized him so badly that he slowly becomes devoid of compassion or even and becomes one track minded, is a basic run down of it. BUT that seems to have flew completely over the fandom's head as they just reduced him to just a frenzied, evil and abusive rage machine that needs to be tamed by the other ancients.

"Au where dc is a beast cannibal thing!" "White lily introduced medicine to the dc kingdom!" "Dc is an abusive manchil- SHUT UP, SHUT THE FUCK UP! I swear to christ that I will have you skinned alive, turn your skin into a pair of clothes before boiling you alive if you utter any of that racist shit again. Oh, and don't even get me started on how he's treated when it comes to ships...cough cough...purecacao...cough cough!

He's usually seen as the more "masculine top" in the relationship while pv is seen as the "delicate and soft bottom." Sadly this isn't just specific to purecacao...

The way eldervanilla treat elder faeries is so fucking weird... The update isn't even over and yet he's getting the exact same treatment as dark cacao (at least from what I've seen from *shudders* ...tiktok) Ef and pv are literally two ends lf the same androgynous spectrum yet why is elder faerie seen as the more "dominate" one...?

Both of these could just be because of the weird need this fandom has to fetishize every mlm ship that touches the sun or else their heteronormative brains might pop, but the point still stands.

Also this is something that I just wanted to mention, devsisters also does this shit with dark skinned characters as well. Not the whole fetishization thing but compare the dark skinned men to the light skinned ones and you'll know  what I'm talking about... But honestly what else could you expect from a money hungry company like them that proved time and time again that they honestly don't give that much of a fuck about poc rep outside of east asia... (Cough cough...purple yam, tiger lily, milk, making cookie hitler in the comics, march 29 2023-april 27 2023)

I have many other examples of people mistreatment towards dark skinned characters (ex: captain caviar, golden cheese pre tlgc, dark choco, and electric eel 50% of the time) I would ramble about them but honestly I'm too fucking lazy + 1:52 am exact as I'm currently writing this and I don't feel like drinking coffee...