🪶 Dimensions and Divinity [4/7] 🪶

Jester's POV:

Imagine this: You're racing through the campus of this massive university, dodging crowds of people and watching the clock, and you're fifteen minutes late to a calculus exam.

Take that energy and put it in my mind.

The adrenaline rush sent my brain into a frenzy, thoughts rushing past me like an ocean current- Too swift to manage.

At the sound of Polar's distant, yet powerful roar, I clenched my teeth as I kept sprinting toward the source of chaos.

Normally, a deity like me would thrive off of this unhinged energy, absorbing it like the only sustenance I could ever use efficiently.

I shuddered, not in anticipation, but in fear.

New York City was quite the maze; left me skidding corners and dashing through empty blocks thinking that I was almost there...

Yet whenever I thought I crossed the finish line, the cries only felt more distant.

Even without the heavy traffic and bustling groups of people, time seemed to slow down.

Whatever happened a few minutes ago could have cost 69 and Polar's lives.

After stumbling head-over-heels across a few blocks, I ended up in front of a massive, at least seven story parking lot.

Looking up, I noticed some of the concrete walls had caved in, debris still chipping off the cracks.

Thick sheets of frost covered sides of the partially ruined structure; An obvious sign that Polar took out her fury here.

"Hey! Are you guys good in there?!" I called out, beginning to approach the entrance of the parking lot. "I'm still coming in anyway, you can't stop me!"

I faltered for a moment, realizing I could levitate up there if I wanted to.

Actually, I could have just floated all the way here and not have wasted any energy at all.

Sighing, I swiftly propelled myself into the air and began my ascent to the top of the building.

Thud.

I paused, hovering in the air. "Hello?"

Thud.

There it was again. "69? Polar? Is that you?"

The world had gone silent, leaving the only sound I could hear was the blood rushing in my ears.

Something -or someone- else was here.

Thud.

I opened my mouth to speak, but my sentence was cut off by a blood-curdling scream.

My eyes immediately caught onto the source.

There, at the top of the building, stood a menacingly tall figure, growling at a very tiny, white, fluffy... Thing.

I was too far away to get in the full details, so I floated a bit closer.

"I SAID, BACK OFF!" I heard Polar snarl, mustering up the energy to seem threatening.

Her pursuer let out a distorted, unsettling mix between a growl and a hiss, rendering its antlers toward the cub.

Wait, antlers?

The eyes on my drama mask widened in surprise as I realized that this abomination of a creature was actually a buck of some sort.

The reason why it was so tall was because it was standing on its hind legs, very similar to a human.

Polar reeled back, the fur along her spine raised as she looked up at the deer.