[02] leelo's angry

𝐭𝐰𝐨,

"i don't want to be here

"i don't want to be here. i want to go back home." the winchesters don't seem to like that idea because dean scoffs and his brother locks the motel door.

"can't do. we let you have your little dramatic moment, now it's time for the grownups to talk. what do you know about us? how do you know our last names?" his voice is rough but airy, it's almost like he doesn't care enough to talk, yet can't help but let it out. it's the hottest thing i've heard, but he's also stupid because he's asked ten times and i told him 'i don't know' each time.

"guess my answer, winchester. i've already told you, they told me you're coming, thats all." i don't know who 'they' are, but they're real chatty. i don't want to give the brothers anymore reason to hold me in their motel so i haven't told them but the voices have been going on for twenty minutes.

i can't focus on anything, i can't even think, which is why i want to go home. they're so so loud and they're just repeating the words lucifer and apocalypse and crowley over and over again. it's so loud i flinch every once in a while but they all assume it's the stitches, which it partly is due to.

"somehow, i think you're lying." i shrug, facing the floor to conceal my frown. they're getting louder.

"laila," it's sam that call my name this time and it helps calm me down a little. he's softer than dean, voice and demeanor. "we're here to help you, not blame you. if there's anything at all—"

"rich coming from you two. can i just let it be known you started the damn apocalypse? why are you acting so innocent right now!" her voice has never been raised like this, so aggressively and harshly. and at who? two men with guns that locked us in their motel room?

i know i should be terrified, and i am shaking but i don't think i'm in danger. if anything, i'm safer here with people who know how to kill the ghost that was in my car.

my car.

"where my baby?"

"you're what now?" dean seems to ignore leelo's death stare to answer my question.

"my car! where's my car?"

"outside, calm down."

"is she okay? did you get a mechanic? i can't let it die."

"die— what are you on about? your car's fine, i'll fix it for you, i'm a mechanic."

"you're a what?" he explains he used to fix cars with bobby, whoever the fuck that is, and he fixed his own several times.

"okay," leelo says slowly, "i really don't know why the fuck you think we care. me and laila want to leave, now."

i'm mad at her. for lying to me. about the monsters and about her and about the fact that she's talking on my behalf. but i'm also not mad, because she looked so so broken when sam said she's a witch, she looked like she wanted to go right there and then before facing me.

"you can go right ahead, laila's staying here though till cas can confirm she's not going to kill the whole of us."

"you guys started—"

"the apocalypse" they both yelled in unison, obviously fed up, and sam scoffs, "you've mentioned it a couple of times now, we get it. now let us do what we do because your friend is being haunted."

"i'm not—"

"you are. you'll stay here till cas comes and checks on you to see whatever you are then we'll see about letting you go. meanwhile, i'll fix up your car since you care so much." the last sentence seems to make him a little excited and the smallest smile ever is evident on his lips, making me smile.

sure, they're terrifying, but they're also really fucking cute.

me and leelo look at each other quickly. and somehow i get what she's asking. blowing down this place, taking me with her and going home, apparently she's capable of that. i don't want to get them mad though. they've helped even if they're holding me hostage.

"da ventum," leelo chants and both men scramble alarmed, "affer procellam, lumina averte." she doesn't seem to finish before sam has a hand covering her mouth but i don't think she needs to say it out loud for it to work because the windows are snapped open, breaking off the hinges, it starts storming inside the room, which is almost impossible since there's hardly a bit of rain, and the temperature drops like hell.

sam's hold on her is tight enough that she seems to struggle against him and it makes me want to run over and help but dean follows in his brothers footsteps, holding onto me. it's the exact opposite of harsh, though. it's almost comforting, like he wants to reassure me that we didn't have to try this, that he's trying to do the right thing. and i believe him.

i shake my head to leelo and her eyes widen. the lights start to flicker back on, the wind howling a little quieter.

the second it stops, sam knocks leelo out. i try to scream but dean places his hand over my mouth. i contemplate biting it but decide against it, opting to seem like an adult not a five year old girl. i am scared like one though, what the hell is happening?